China Says Dalai Lama's Visit Had A 'Negative Impact' On Sino-India Ties
China said today that the recent visit of the Dalai Lama to Arunachal Pradesh had a "negative impact" on Sino-India ties and New Delhi should not use the exiled Tibetan spiritual leader to "undermine" Beijing's interests.
"Dalai Lama's visit to Arunachal Pradesh had a negative impact on India-China ties. India should observe commitment on Tibet-related issues and should not use the Dalai Lama to undermine China's interests," Foreign Ministry spokesman Lu Kang said.
He said it was only in this way that "we can create a good atmosphere for the settlement of the boundary question".
The Chinese spokesman's remarks came in response to India's Ministry of External Affairs statement on Friday that there was no change in New Delhi's position on Tibet being part of China. External Affairs Ministry spokesman Gopal Baglay has said India will continue to seek a fair and mutually acceptable solution to the vexed boundary issue.
Dalai Lama visited Arunachal Pradesh from April 4-11.
- Delhi Man Killed For Objecting To Public Urination
- Pathankot on Alert After Bag Found With Army Uniforms
- 'The Square' Wins Palme d'Or Top Prize at Cannes
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 14 Men Molest 2 Women, Posts Video On The Social Media
- Defending The Use of 'Human Shield', General Bipin Rawat Says 'Dirty War' In Kashmir Has To Be Fought With 'Innovative Ways'
- After Rahul, Now Akhilesh Denied Entry to Violence-Hit Saharanpur
- Three Booked For Abducting, Raping Minor Girl In Rajasthan
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10