China Says Dalai Lama's Visit Had A 'Negative Impact' On Sino-India Ties
China said today that the recent visit of the Dalai Lama to Arunachal Pradesh had a "negative impact" on Sino-India ties and New Delhi should not use the exiled Tibetan spiritual leader to "undermine" Beijing's interests.
"Dalai Lama's visit to Arunachal Pradesh had a negative impact on India-China ties. India should observe commitment on Tibet-related issues and should not use the Dalai Lama to undermine China's interests," Foreign Ministry spokesman Lu Kang said.
He said it was only in this way that "we can create a good atmosphere for the settlement of the boundary question".
The Chinese spokesman's remarks came in response to India's Ministry of External Affairs statement on Friday that there was no change in New Delhi's position on Tibet being part of China. External Affairs Ministry spokesman Gopal Baglay has said India will continue to seek a fair and mutually acceptable solution to the vexed boundary issue.
Dalai Lama visited Arunachal Pradesh from April 4-11.
- France Votes in Presidential Election
- PIL in HC for Ban on 66 Pesticides
- Liquor Ban Will Unite Religions: Nitish Kumar
- GST Great Illustration of Cooperative Federalism, Says PM Modi
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MCD Election: Exit Polls Predict Sweep for BJP, Setback for AAP
- MCD Election: SEC to Issue Memos to Officials for Delay in Sending Data
- MCD Election: Polling Ends Peacefully, Turnout Likely to Cross 54%
- Jaitley Flags H-1B Visa Concerns with US Treasury Secy
- Delhi Gangrape Convicts Challenged the High Court
- US Accuses TCS, Infosys of Violating H-1B Visa Norms
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 'How Can You Make Aadhaar Mandatory When We Passed An Order To Make It Optional', SC Asks Centre
- Muslims Don't Vote For Us, But We Gave Them 'Proper Sanctity': Ravi Shankar Prasad
- New UP DGP Sulkhan Singh Takes Charge, Vows to Crush 'Goondagardi'
- UP DGP Javeed Ahmed Shunted Out to Head PAC, 12 IPS Officers Transferred