China Launches Advanced HD Earth Observation Satellite
China today successfully launched the most advanced high-definition Earth observation satellite, which could clearly show small objects with clarity in colour.
The Gaofen-2 was launched from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in north China's Shanxi Province, the State Administration of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense (SASTIND) said.
It was boosted by a Long March-4B carrier rocket. The satellite is China's most advanced high-definition Earth observation satellite, and is able to see a one-metre-long object in full color, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
It will be used for geographic and resources surveys, environment and climate change monitoring, precision agriculture, disaster relief and city planning, the report said.
- Encounter In Assam Was Fake, Says Top CRPF Officer
- Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda Resigns
- 'Enemy' Will Remember Pakistan's Response
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10