Child Sex Ratio at Its Lowest Since 1947: Govt
The child sex ratio (0-6 years) in India stands at 927 girl children per 1,000 boys, the lowest since the country's independence, the government told Rajya Sabha today.
Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said the government was aware of the adverse consequences of the skewed sex ratio and has adopted a multi-pronged strategy to build a positive environment for the girl child.
The mortality rate of girls under five years of age is also quite high in India at 59 per 1,000 live births against the world average of 46. India ranks 155th among 195 countries in this regard, Vardhan said.
FROM OUTLOOKparliament: jpc probeA whole Parliament session wasted. How our MPs undermine our democracy...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBBook ExtractIt was the last night of the twentieth century andmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, Jul 23 (PTI) The 1999 Kargil incursionsmore from WIRES>>>
- Absconding UP BJP Leader Dayashankar Singh Arrested From Bihar
- Gurgaon: Thousands Stranded on NH-8 Due to Waterlogging, Heavy Rains
- Govt Lists GST Bill For Consideration in Rajya Sabha
- One San Diego Cop Killed, Another Wounded in Shooting: Police
- Curfew, Restrictions Re-Imposed in Kashmir
- Indian National Not Executed in Indonesia: Swaraj
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- SC Seeks Report From Centre on 'Ground Realities' in J&K
- HC Tells Virbhadra's Wife to Appear Before ED
- SC Directs Actor Rajpal Yadav to Undergo Six-Day Jail Term
- Court Dismisses FIR Petition Against Khurshid, Bansal
- No Legal Provision to Scrap 15-Year-Old Diesel Vehicles: NGT Told
- 363 Farmer Suicide Cases Reported so Far in 2016: Centre
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED