Chandrakant Mali Wins Bronze in 94Kg Weightlifting
India's Chandrakant Mali today clinched the bronze medal in men's 94kg weightlifting to add to the country's overall tally in the sport in the 20th Commonwealth Games here.
Mali, who totalled 338, lifted 146kg, 150kg and 153kg in three attempts in snatch and and 183kg, 188kg and 194 kg in clean and jerk to finish third on the podium, ahead of England's Owen Boxall.
Steven Kukuna Kari of Papua New Guinea bagged the gold medal with a total of 349 while Australia's Simplice Ribouem won the silver with and identical score but Kari took the top honours owing to lesser body weight.
India, who are leading the standings in weightlifting, have so far won 3 gold, as many silver and 5 bronze medals in the sport.
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Narada Journalists Threaten Hunger Strike Over Dues
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10