Chandrakant Mali Wins Bronze in 94Kg Weightlifting
India's Chandrakant Mali today clinched the bronze medal in men's 94kg weightlifting to add to the country's overall tally in the sport in the 20th Commonwealth Games here.
Mali, who totalled 338, lifted 146kg, 150kg and 153kg in three attempts in snatch and and 183kg, 188kg and 194 kg in clean and jerk to finish third on the podium, ahead of England's Owen Boxall.
Steven Kukuna Kari of Papua New Guinea bagged the gold medal with a total of 349 while Australia's Simplice Ribouem won the silver with and identical score but Kari took the top honours owing to lesser body weight.
India, who are leading the standings in weightlifting, have so far won 3 gold, as many silver and 5 bronze medals in the sport.
- SC Allows Marine Latorre to Stay Back in Italy
- Don't Behave Like Lords, 'Fall in Line': SC Tells BCCI
- Day After Stoning of Saamna Office in Maharashtra, Cartoonist Expresses Regret
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres Dies at 93
- Pak Approaches World Bank Amid Reports of India Revoking Indus Water Treaty
- Most SAARC Members Join India, Pull Out of Summit in Pakistan
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- MH17 Probe 'Biased', Moscow 'Disappointed': Foreign Ministry
- NIA Gets Custody of PoK Duo Who Facilitated Uri Attack
- Sahara Group Has Taken Us for a Ride: SC
- Pakistani Singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's Concert in Bengaluru Cancelled
- Idols of Durga Vandalised in Bangladesh
- Kashmiri Student Booked For Sedition Over 'Anti-National' Post
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED