Centre's Attitude is an Assault on Federal Structure: Raut
Maharashtra Minister for Employment Guarantee Scheme Nitin Raut today defended the boycott of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's two functions here by the Democratic Front government and described Centre's attitude as "assault on federal structure" of the country.
The district guardian minister who was supposed to share dias with Modi at Nagpur Metro Rail project at Kasturchand Park ground yesterday, said that Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar were justified in boycotting the function.
Raut said since state government and Centre share 20 per cent of the cost of Nagpur Metro Rail corridor, Chavan should have been taken into confidence for hosting a function here.
Referring to the hooting incident at Solapur where Chavan shared the dias with the Prime Minister on Wednesday, Raut said, "It was an assault on the federal structure. It requires mutual respect for each other. The way Chavan was hooted in a function in Solapur, he did not like and thought fit not to sit with him (Modi) in Nagpur," Raut told reporters.
"You can't take credit for the Metro since the state government also expedited the paper work for clearances in Delhi," he added.
Raut threatened to go ahead with launching the Pune Metro Rail project without waiting for Centre's participation.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- Yeddyurappa Will Be BJP's CM Face In Karnataka: Shah
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10