Centre Using NIA to Frame Kashmiris in False Cases: Geelani
Hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani today alleged that the Centre was using National Investigating Agency (NIA) to frame Kashmiri people in false cases.
"The NIA has become a big problem for people of Jammu and Kashmir. The NIA has been given such wide powers that people can be arrested merely on the basis of suspicion and taken to Delhi," Geelani told reporters here.
He said earlier people arrested in connection with involvement in separatist activities were tried in local courts.
"However, now they can be arrested by NIA and taken to Delhi for trial in courts there. This is being done to sabotage the ongoing movement in Kashmir," he added.
Geelani also alleged that the local officials of the NIA were harassing local businessmen and extorting money from them for not framing them in any case.
He said Pakistan and Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) should ensure protection of minorities as per the teachings of Islam in the areas under their control.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman