'Centre to Resolve War Refugees Issue in J&K in Time Bound Manner'
The central government will resolve the issue of war refugees in Jammu-Kashmir in a time bound and phased manner, BJP President Amit Shah today said.
"I assure the refugees of 1947, 1965 and 1971 that the central government will act on their issues and demands in a time bound and phased manner immediately," he said at a school in the border area here during his maiden visit to the state after taking charge as BJP chief.
Striking an emotional chord with the people living in the border helmets, Shah said the party and the country understands the pain of the people who have to suffer due to Pakistani firing and assured them of all assistance.
"We feel the pain of border people affected from Pakistani firing. I assure you that the people of the country and BJP are with you. I bow my head before you for your patriotism and remaining firm in your border hamlets despite Pak firing," he said.
Shah said Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has directed the India troops to give a befitting reply to firing by Pakistan. "We will not tolerate it," he added.
"We know your problems and issues and we have an emotional attachment with the refugees of J&K," Shah added.
The BJP chief, who was accompanied by Minister of State Jitendra Singh and other party leaders like J P Nadda and Ram Madhav, claimed that BJP will form the next government in Jammu and Kashmir and the party will get a majority in the assembly as it got in Lok Sabha.
The border migrants of R S Pura sector spoke to the leaders about the problems faced by them due to incessant firing from across the border. The migrants sought rehabilitation to safer places and demanded five marla plots for each migrant family.
- Government Says 'No' To India-Pakistan Cricket Series
- CISE Declares Class 12 Results, Topper Gets 99.5%
- Delhi Man Killed For Objecting To Public Urination
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10