'Centre to Resolve War Refugees Issue in J&K in Time Bound Manner'
The central government will resolve the issue of war refugees in Jammu-Kashmir in a time bound and phased manner, BJP President Amit Shah today said.
"I assure the refugees of 1947, 1965 and 1971 that the central government will act on their issues and demands in a time bound and phased manner immediately," he said at a school in the border area here during his maiden visit to the state after taking charge as BJP chief.
Striking an emotional chord with the people living in the border helmets, Shah said the party and the country understands the pain of the people who have to suffer due to Pakistani firing and assured them of all assistance.
"We feel the pain of border people affected from Pakistani firing. I assure you that the people of the country and BJP are with you. I bow my head before you for your patriotism and remaining firm in your border hamlets despite Pak firing," he said.
Shah said Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has directed the India troops to give a befitting reply to firing by Pakistan. "We will not tolerate it," he added.
"We know your problems and issues and we have an emotional attachment with the refugees of J&K," Shah added.
The BJP chief, who was accompanied by Minister of State Jitendra Singh and other party leaders like J P Nadda and Ram Madhav, claimed that BJP will form the next government in Jammu and Kashmir and the party will get a majority in the assembly as it got in Lok Sabha.
The border migrants of R S Pura sector spoke to the leaders about the problems faced by them due to incessant firing from across the border. The migrants sought rehabilitation to safer places and demanded five marla plots for each migrant family.
- Agli Baar, Medal Beshumaar: PM Announces Task Force to Prepare India for Olympics
- France Top Court Suspends Burkini Ban
- Pak Regrets India's Rejection of 'Discuss Kashmir' Proposal
- Scorpene Data Leak Not a Big Worry: Parrikar
- Can't Order Establishment of 'Ram Rajya' in the Country: SC
- Haji Ali Dargah Should Allow Women, Says Bombay HC
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Whistleblower to Handover Scorpene Data Disk to Aus Govt: Newspaper
- Kanhaiya, Two Others Granted Regular Bail in Sedition Case
- Odisha Govt Admits Lapses, Man Says No Heed Paid by Hospital
- Are Decisions Taken by Cabinet Being Implemented, PM Seeks to Know
- AAP Removes Chhotepur as Punjab Convenor
- Cong Raking Up Needless Controversies for Political Gains: Naidu
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED