Centre to Give 'Befitting' Response on Ceasefire Violations: MOS PMO
Following ceasefire violations by Pakistan troops, Union Minister Jitendra Singh today said the people should trust the Modi government that it will give a "befitting" response to such acts.
"The concerned agencies will take into cognisance the chain of events that has taken place and you should trust the Modi government to give a befitting response", Singh told reporters here replying to questions about ceasefire violations by Pakistani forces.
In a second instance of ceasefire violation in less than 24 hours, Pakistani troops today had resorted to mortar shelling and firing by automatic weapons along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, which prompted the army to retaliate.
"Indian government and security agencies are capable of meeting any kind of challenge and you will see the results in days to come", Singh, a Minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office (PMO), said.
The minister chose not answer questions about handing over of two boys from PoK to Pakistani authorities after the NIA dropped charges of conspiracy in the Uri terror strike.
"I am not able to reply to such sensitive issues which has security ramifications and concerned agencies has to deal with this," Singh said.
Under detention for nearly six months, the two boys were handed over to Pakistani authorities after the probe agency NIA came to a conclusion that the two had strayed into the Indian side after tiff with their parents due to pressure of studies.
- Maoist Attacks: CRPF Headless For Over Two Months
- Prepare for 'Movement' If Exit Poll Results Come True, Says Kejriwal
- Chetan Bhagat's Book in DU Syllabus
- Dhinakaran Accepts Meeting Middleman
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- AAP MLA Alka Lamba Claims BJP Trying to Poach Legislators By Making Offers
- Sukhma Naxal Ambush Is An Act Of Cowardice, Says HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar
- EC Bribery: Court Asks Delhi Police Why No Action Against Dhinakaran
- Those Wearing Saffron Scarves Have Got Licence to Beat Cops in UP, Says Akhilesh Yadav
- 7-Year-Jail to Chhota Rajan in Fake Passport Case
- Martyred CRPF Jawans Were Having Lunch During The Deadly Naxal Ambush
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED