Centre to Give 'Befitting' Response on Ceasefire Violations: MOS PMO
Following ceasefire violations by Pakistan troops, Union Minister Jitendra Singh today said the people should trust the Modi government that it will give a "befitting" response to such acts.
"The concerned agencies will take into cognisance the chain of events that has taken place and you should trust the Modi government to give a befitting response", Singh told reporters here replying to questions about ceasefire violations by Pakistani forces.
In a second instance of ceasefire violation in less than 24 hours, Pakistani troops today had resorted to mortar shelling and firing by automatic weapons along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, which prompted the army to retaliate.
"Indian government and security agencies are capable of meeting any kind of challenge and you will see the results in days to come", Singh, a Minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office (PMO), said.
The minister chose not answer questions about handing over of two boys from PoK to Pakistani authorities after the NIA dropped charges of conspiracy in the Uri terror strike.
"I am not able to reply to such sensitive issues which has security ramifications and concerned agencies has to deal with this," Singh said.
Under detention for nearly six months, the two boys were handed over to Pakistani authorities after the probe agency NIA came to a conclusion that the two had strayed into the Indian side after tiff with their parents due to pressure of studies.
- FM Readied Ground To Make Funding Anonymous
- More Communists Died Than Sanghs: Yechury
- Akhilesh's Gomti Project Under CMs Scanner
- India Will be The World's Youngest Country by 2020, With an Average Age of 29
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Parliament Passes Bill To Decriminalise Suicide Attempts By Mentally-Ill People
- Australian Police To Probe If Attack On Kerala Man Was 'Racially-Based'
- Rajya Sabha Will Discuss Aadhaar Being Made Mandatory In Government Schemes On Wednesday
- SC Reserves Verdict On The Appeals Filed By Death Row Convicts In December 16 Gangrape Case
- Assembly Polls 2017: Rajya Sabha To Discuss Conduct Of Goa Governor On Wednesday
- Government Says Delhi And Faridabad Among Top 5 Cities With Worst Air Pollution
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Sunil Grover Announces New Gig Amidst Tussle With Kapil Sharma
- Ice-Cream Wars: Amul Defends TV Commercial, Says Hindustan Unilever Trying To Frighten It
- Assault on Air India Official: Sena MP Gaikwad Leaves Train Midway, Untraceable
- Gujarat: One Dead, Six Injured in Communal Clash in Patan District