Centre to Give 'Befitting' Response on Ceasefire Violations: MOS PMO
Following ceasefire violations by Pakistan troops, Union Minister Jitendra Singh today said the people should trust the Modi government that it will give a "befitting" response to such acts.
"The concerned agencies will take into cognisance the chain of events that has taken place and you should trust the Modi government to give a befitting response", Singh told reporters here replying to questions about ceasefire violations by Pakistani forces.
In a second instance of ceasefire violation in less than 24 hours, Pakistani troops today had resorted to mortar shelling and firing by automatic weapons along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, which prompted the army to retaliate.
"Indian government and security agencies are capable of meeting any kind of challenge and you will see the results in days to come", Singh, a Minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office (PMO), said.
The minister chose not answer questions about handing over of two boys from PoK to Pakistani authorities after the NIA dropped charges of conspiracy in the Uri terror strike.
"I am not able to reply to such sensitive issues which has security ramifications and concerned agencies has to deal with this," Singh said.
Under detention for nearly six months, the two boys were handed over to Pakistani authorities after the probe agency NIA came to a conclusion that the two had strayed into the Indian side after tiff with their parents due to pressure of studies.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10