Centre to Allot Land for a New Gujarat Bhawan in Delhi
Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel today called on Urban Development and Housing Minister Venkaiah Naidu and discussed a slew of projects pertaining to the state.
The projects include Ahmedabad Metro Rail Line, allotment of land for construction of a new Gujarat Bhawan in the national capital, housing schemes, capacity building of urban local bodies and employment generation in urban areas, according to a close aide of Naidu.
Naidu said that 'in-principle' decision has been taken to allot land for a new Gujarat Bhawan and this proposal would be sent to Cabinet for approval.
He said the issue of loan from Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for Ahmedabad Metro would be discussed with the Department of Economic Affairs and proposal would be sent soon for Public Investment Board's clearance.
Patel suggested to make in-built provision for toilets under housing programmes for urban poor, to which Naidu responded positively.
Naidu complimented the Gujarat Chief Minister for her government's good performance under JNNURM and housing programmes for poor. Both the leaders agreed on the need to strengthen urban local bodies.
Patel tied a 'rakhi' on Naidu who in turn presented her with a saree.
- SC Allows Marine Latorre to Stay Back in Italy
- Don't Behave Like Lords, 'Fall in Line': SC Tells BCCI
- Day After Stoning of Saamna Office in Maharashtra, Cartoonist Expresses Regret
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres Dies at 93
- Pak Approaches World Bank Amid Reports of India Revoking Indus Water Treaty
- Most SAARC Members Join India, Pull Out of Summit in Pakistan
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- MH17 Probe 'Biased', Moscow 'Disappointed': Foreign Ministry
- NIA Gets Custody of PoK Duo Who Facilitated Uri Attack
- Sahara Group Has Taken Us for a Ride: SC
- Pakistani Singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's Concert in Bengaluru Cancelled
- Idols of Durga Vandalised in Bangladesh
- Kashmiri Student Booked For Sedition Over 'Anti-National' Post
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED