Centre to Allot Land for a New Gujarat Bhawan in Delhi
Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel today called on Urban Development and Housing Minister Venkaiah Naidu and discussed a slew of projects pertaining to the state.
The projects include Ahmedabad Metro Rail Line, allotment of land for construction of a new Gujarat Bhawan in the national capital, housing schemes, capacity building of urban local bodies and employment generation in urban areas, according to a close aide of Naidu.
Naidu said that 'in-principle' decision has been taken to allot land for a new Gujarat Bhawan and this proposal would be sent to Cabinet for approval.
He said the issue of loan from Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for Ahmedabad Metro would be discussed with the Department of Economic Affairs and proposal would be sent soon for Public Investment Board's clearance.
Patel suggested to make in-built provision for toilets under housing programmes for urban poor, to which Naidu responded positively.
Naidu complimented the Gujarat Chief Minister for her government's good performance under JNNURM and housing programmes for poor. Both the leaders agreed on the need to strengthen urban local bodies.
Patel tied a 'rakhi' on Naidu who in turn presented her with a saree.
- Pak Balochistan Province Assembly Resolution Condemns Modi
- PM's Fresh Bid on Kashmir: Talks of 'Ekta' And 'Mamata'
- JNU Rape Case: Varsity Suspends Accused Scholar
- Curfew in Some Parts of Srinagar, Two Towns in South Kashmir
- Trump Vows to Begin Deportations Immediately If Sworn In
- Pak: LeJ Terrorists Involved in Lanka Cricket Team Attack Killed
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Wet Outfield Denies India Chance to Level Series
- Delhi: 15-Year-Old Beaten to Death by Three Classmates, Says Police
- Scorpene Leak: DCNS Moves Aussie Court for Injunction Against The Australian
- Vadra, BJP MLA Engage in Verbal Spat Over Shaktiman
- Merkel Rejects Muslim Migrant Ban, Urges Fair Distribution
- Minor Raped by Juvenile Neighbour in Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED