Centre to Allot Land for a New Gujarat Bhawan in Delhi
Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel today called on Urban Development and Housing Minister Venkaiah Naidu and discussed a slew of projects pertaining to the state.
The projects include Ahmedabad Metro Rail Line, allotment of land for construction of a new Gujarat Bhawan in the national capital, housing schemes, capacity building of urban local bodies and employment generation in urban areas, according to a close aide of Naidu.
Naidu said that 'in-principle' decision has been taken to allot land for a new Gujarat Bhawan and this proposal would be sent to Cabinet for approval.
He said the issue of loan from Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for Ahmedabad Metro would be discussed with the Department of Economic Affairs and proposal would be sent soon for Public Investment Board's clearance.
Patel suggested to make in-built provision for toilets under housing programmes for urban poor, to which Naidu responded positively.
Naidu complimented the Gujarat Chief Minister for her government's good performance under JNNURM and housing programmes for poor. Both the leaders agreed on the need to strengthen urban local bodies.
Patel tied a 'rakhi' on Naidu who in turn presented her with a saree.
- Pak Violates Ceasefire Twice in Kathua, Rajouri, Jawan Injured
- Twin Raids in Northern Iraq by Suicide Bombers, 16 Killed
- Don't Release Funds to State Till They Implement Lodha Panel Recommendations: SC Tells BCCI
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- Films, TV Potent Means to Improve Indo-Pak Ties: Digvijay
- Kabaddi Player Rohit Kumar Arrested in Wife's Suicide Case, Father Surrenders
- Irrigation Investment Essential to Boost Farm Output: Jaitley
- Army Foils Infiltration Bid Along LoC in Poonch
- Try to Bring Back Youths to Mainstream: Mehbooba to Police
- SC Asks Parsvnath to Hand Over Flat to MoS Rathore in Two Days
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'