Centre Not Withdrawing Saif's Padma Shri: Kareena
Reacting to a controversy surrounding her actor husband Saif Ali Khan over his Padma Shri honour, Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor Khan today claimed that the Centre has no plans to take it back.
"They (government) are not taking Saif's Padma Shri back. The government has already issued a letter saying they are not taking his Padma Shri back. It (letter) is out and I think the media should have received the letter by now... Though the verdict of this case is not yet out," Kareena told reporters here at a promotional event of her upcoming film 'Singham Returns'.
The controversy erupted after RTI activist S C Agrawal had filed a complaint with the Union Home Ministry on March 14 this year, demanding stripping the actor of the award conferred in 2010 as the Mumbai court had framed charges against him for alleged scuffle in a restaurant there.
In response to a subsequent RTI application filed to know the status of his complaint, the Home Ministry has replied to Agrawal that "the matter is under examination".
In 2010, Saif was conferred with the Padma Shri for his contribution in the field of art. In 2012, it is alleged that Saif had punched on the nose of a South-Africa based businessman and his father-in-law at a Colaba hotel.
FROM OUTLOOKcover storyThe clouds over Vajpayee's fate may have blown over but hitherto friendly voices—from within the BJP and the...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionThere is quite an understandable outrage at the gomore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, July 30 (PTI) Congress today said the Nmore from WIRES>>>
- Minister Close to Akhilesh Expelled From Samajwadi Party by Shivpal
- Former Karnataka CM B.S. Yeddyurappa Acquitted of Corruption Charges
- Manipuri Student's Body Found in JNU Hostel Room
- Odisha: Five Killed, 40 Injured as Bus Plunges From 20-Feet High Bridge in Angul
- Pak Can Contribute to Regional Stability by Acting Against Militants on Its Soil: US
- Paul Beatty Becomes the First American to Win Booker Prize
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- Salman's Bodyguard Shera Booked for Assault
- Uniform Civil Code Not Without Consensus: Venkaiah Naidu
- NASA Growing Lettuce in Space
- Kyrgyzstan Government Resigns After Coalition Collapses
- Yeddyurappa, Family Members Acquitted in a Rs 40 Cr Mining Graft Case
- BSF Officer Injured in Overnight Ceasefire Violation
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED