Centre Not Withdrawing Saif's Padma Shri: Kareena
Reacting to a controversy surrounding her actor husband Saif Ali Khan over his Padma Shri honour, Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor Khan today claimed that the Centre has no plans to take it back.
"They (government) are not taking Saif's Padma Shri back. The government has already issued a letter saying they are not taking his Padma Shri back. It (letter) is out and I think the media should have received the letter by now... Though the verdict of this case is not yet out," Kareena told reporters here at a promotional event of her upcoming film 'Singham Returns'.
The controversy erupted after RTI activist S C Agrawal had filed a complaint with the Union Home Ministry on March 14 this year, demanding stripping the actor of the award conferred in 2010 as the Mumbai court had framed charges against him for alleged scuffle in a restaurant there.
In response to a subsequent RTI application filed to know the status of his complaint, the Home Ministry has replied to Agrawal that "the matter is under examination".
In 2010, Saif was conferred with the Padma Shri for his contribution in the field of art. In 2012, it is alleged that Saif had punched on the nose of a South-Africa based businessman and his father-in-law at a Colaba hotel.
FROM OUTLOOKcover storyThe clouds over Vajpayee's fate may have blown over but hitherto friendly voices—from within the BJP and the...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBCloser to crucial assembly elections due next yearmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, July 30 (PTI) Congress today said the Nmore from WIRES>>>
- Rahul Gandhi Should Stop Lying and Apologise: RSS
- 11 Turkish Police Killed in Bombing, PKK Blamed
- Haji Ali Dargah Should Allow Women, Says Bombay HC
- Curfew in Several Areas of Kashmir Ahead of Planned March
- 7 Killed as Gunmen Storm Beach Restaurant in Somali Capital
- Bodo Students Body Protests Giving Land to Patanjali Yogpeeth
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- India Ranks 77th on World Risk Index
- No One Should Tell Women What to Wear: Khan on Burkini Ban
- Can't Order Establishment of 'Ram Rajya' in the Country: SC
- German Mayor Fires Muslim Intern for 'Wearing Headscarf'
- Subrata Roy Offers in SC to Pay Rs 300 Cr as Bank Gurantee
- Singapore Bids Farewell to Indian-Origin Ex-President Nathan
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED