CBI Officer Probing Coal Scam Among 24 Medalists
CBI officers who led the probe in the coal block allocation scam, the Shopian deaths, the Naval war room leak case and Tatra scam are among the 24 recipients of distinguished and meritorious service medals announced on the eve of Independence Day.
Joint Director Rajeev Sharma, an IPS officer of 1990 batch Rajasthan cadre who is in-charge of Banking Services Fraud of the agency and is overseeing probe in the non-performing assets of public sector banks and Rs 45,000 crore alleged ponzi scam by Pearls group, has been awarded with President's Police Medal for distinguished service.
DIG Ravi Kant, a 1998-batch IPS officer of Odisha cadre who is heading the probe in coal block allocation scam and was reinstated by Supreme Court after his transfer from the agency, has been given Police Medal for meritorious service.
Another recipient of the Police Medal is DIG Ratan Sanjay, a 1998-batch Bihar cadre IPS officer who headed the probe in the infamous Shopian case where death of two women in mysterious circumstances led to massive agitation by locals.
The allegation of rape and murder were found baseless by CBI team which carried out detailed forensic evaluation.
SSP Ramnish Geer, who has experience in anti-corruption matters and probed number of high-profile graft cases which included Naval war room leak case, cases of arms dealer Abhishek Verma, Tatra scam, cases related to terror among others, has been given the Police Medal.
Inspector Jale Singh posted at Anti-Corruption wing of the agency at the headquarters and Head Constable Basant Singh Bisht have also been given Police Medals.
Other officers given President's Police Medal for distinguished service include SP Ajit Kumar Singh, DSP Ram Chander Garvan and Inspector Abdul Aziz.
The officers who have been given Police Medal for Meritorious Service include Additional SP Anuj Arya, DSPs Seema Pahuja, Nat Ram Meena, Surender Kumar Malik, Inspectors Ramesh Chand Sharma, Chandra Kiran Sharma, Manoj Kumar Dash, Inspector, Goutam Kumar Sagar, Sub-inspector Anil Vasant Mhatre, ASI Vijay Kumar Thapa, Head Constables Raj Kishore Rai, Mehboob Hasan, Constables Bijender Singh, Shyambir and Crime Assistant Shankar Das Girdhar.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Police Confirm Probe Still On Against Major Who Used Civilian As Human-Shield
- Manchester Attack: 'Broken.. I'm Sorry', Says Pop Singer Ariana Whose Concert Was Hit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10