CBI Officer Probing Coal Scam Among 24 Medalists
CBI officers who led the probe in the coal block allocation scam, the Shopian deaths, the Naval war room leak case and Tatra scam are among the 24 recipients of distinguished and meritorious service medals announced on the eve of Independence Day.
Joint Director Rajeev Sharma, an IPS officer of 1990 batch Rajasthan cadre who is in-charge of Banking Services Fraud of the agency and is overseeing probe in the non-performing assets of public sector banks and Rs 45,000 crore alleged ponzi scam by Pearls group, has been awarded with President's Police Medal for distinguished service.
DIG Ravi Kant, a 1998-batch IPS officer of Odisha cadre who is heading the probe in coal block allocation scam and was reinstated by Supreme Court after his transfer from the agency, has been given Police Medal for meritorious service.
Another recipient of the Police Medal is DIG Ratan Sanjay, a 1998-batch Bihar cadre IPS officer who headed the probe in the infamous Shopian case where death of two women in mysterious circumstances led to massive agitation by locals.
The allegation of rape and murder were found baseless by CBI team which carried out detailed forensic evaluation.
SSP Ramnish Geer, who has experience in anti-corruption matters and probed number of high-profile graft cases which included Naval war room leak case, cases of arms dealer Abhishek Verma, Tatra scam, cases related to terror among others, has been given the Police Medal.
Inspector Jale Singh posted at Anti-Corruption wing of the agency at the headquarters and Head Constable Basant Singh Bisht have also been given Police Medals.
Other officers given President's Police Medal for distinguished service include SP Ajit Kumar Singh, DSP Ram Chander Garvan and Inspector Abdul Aziz.
The officers who have been given Police Medal for Meritorious Service include Additional SP Anuj Arya, DSPs Seema Pahuja, Nat Ram Meena, Surender Kumar Malik, Inspectors Ramesh Chand Sharma, Chandra Kiran Sharma, Manoj Kumar Dash, Inspector, Goutam Kumar Sagar, Sub-inspector Anil Vasant Mhatre, ASI Vijay Kumar Thapa, Head Constables Raj Kishore Rai, Mehboob Hasan, Constables Bijender Singh, Shyambir and Crime Assistant Shankar Das Girdhar.
- Herald Case: Notice Issued to Sonia, Rahul on Swamy's Petition
- WB: Two Die as Fire Breaks Out in Murshidabad Hospital
- PM Trying to Reverse AAP Govt's Decisions Through LG: Kejriwal
- Give Me One Chance: Mehbooba Appeals to Protesters
- Dhaka Cafe Attack 'Mastermind', 2 Others Killed in Encounter
- Nude Monk Delivers 'Kadve Vachan' in Haryana Assembly
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Chhotepur Rejects Panel, Dares AAP to Make Bribe Video Public
- Woman Raped, Attacked With Acid in Kanpur
- Universities Should Be Bastions of Free Speech, Debate: Prez
- WB: Flood Situation Worsens in Malda, 2 Killed
- Malaysian Students Rally to Demand Prime Minister's Arrest
- Sharif Sends 22 Special Envoys to World Capitals to Highlight Kashmir Issue
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED