CBI Officer Probing Coal Scam Among 24 Medalists
CBI officers who led the probe in the coal block allocation scam, the Shopian deaths, the Naval war room leak case and Tatra scam are among the 24 recipients of distinguished and meritorious service medals announced on the eve of Independence Day.
Joint Director Rajeev Sharma, an IPS officer of 1990 batch Rajasthan cadre who is in-charge of Banking Services Fraud of the agency and is overseeing probe in the non-performing assets of public sector banks and Rs 45,000 crore alleged ponzi scam by Pearls group, has been awarded with President's Police Medal for distinguished service.
DIG Ravi Kant, a 1998-batch IPS officer of Odisha cadre who is heading the probe in coal block allocation scam and was reinstated by Supreme Court after his transfer from the agency, has been given Police Medal for meritorious service.
Another recipient of the Police Medal is DIG Ratan Sanjay, a 1998-batch Bihar cadre IPS officer who headed the probe in the infamous Shopian case where death of two women in mysterious circumstances led to massive agitation by locals.
The allegation of rape and murder were found baseless by CBI team which carried out detailed forensic evaluation.
SSP Ramnish Geer, who has experience in anti-corruption matters and probed number of high-profile graft cases which included Naval war room leak case, cases of arms dealer Abhishek Verma, Tatra scam, cases related to terror among others, has been given the Police Medal.
Inspector Jale Singh posted at Anti-Corruption wing of the agency at the headquarters and Head Constable Basant Singh Bisht have also been given Police Medals.
Other officers given President's Police Medal for distinguished service include SP Ajit Kumar Singh, DSP Ram Chander Garvan and Inspector Abdul Aziz.
The officers who have been given Police Medal for Meritorious Service include Additional SP Anuj Arya, DSPs Seema Pahuja, Nat Ram Meena, Surender Kumar Malik, Inspectors Ramesh Chand Sharma, Chandra Kiran Sharma, Manoj Kumar Dash, Inspector, Goutam Kumar Sagar, Sub-inspector Anil Vasant Mhatre, ASI Vijay Kumar Thapa, Head Constables Raj Kishore Rai, Mehboob Hasan, Constables Bijender Singh, Shyambir and Crime Assistant Shankar Das Girdhar.
- Govt Plans to Further Liberalize Visa Regime to Boost Tourism: Swaraj
- Teesta Setalvad Liable for Mixing Religion With Politics: HRD Panel
- SP Appears on Brink of Split as CM Sacks Shivpal, Mulayam Expels Ramgopal
- Now, Adult Film Star Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- BSF Jawan Gurnam Singh Injured in Pak Attack Succumbs to Injuries
- ADHM Row: Army Upset Over Being Dragged Into Film Politics, Rejects Forced Donation
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Kabaddi Player Rohit Kumar Sent to Judicial Custody in Wife's Suicide Case
- Not Just a Business Partner, But an Ally Who Stood By India in its Darkest Hours: Russia
- Two Explosions Hit Japanese City in Suspected Suicide Bombing, One Killed
- My Removal From Govt an Attempt to Weaken SP Leadership: Shivpal
- Reports Say Queen Elizabeth Faces Massive Post-Brexit Losses
- Rajnath Singh Leaves for Three-Day Visit to Bahrain, to Raise Pak Issue
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- BJP Wants To Make India a Hindu Rashtra, Owaisi Attacks PM for His 'Jai Shri Ram' Greeting
- Injected With Petrol Into Their Private Parts, UP Teenagers Still Await Surgery
- Scenes With Ranbir in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Not Frivolous Sensuality: Aishwarya
- Muslim Woman Refuses to Accept Triple Talaq Notice by Husband
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'