CBI Officer Probing Coal Scam Among 24 Medalists
CBI officers who led the probe in the coal block allocation scam, the Shopian deaths, the Naval war room leak case and Tatra scam are among the 24 recipients of distinguished and meritorious service medals announced on the eve of Independence Day.
Joint Director Rajeev Sharma, an IPS officer of 1990 batch Rajasthan cadre who is in-charge of Banking Services Fraud of the agency and is overseeing probe in the non-performing assets of public sector banks and Rs 45,000 crore alleged ponzi scam by Pearls group, has been awarded with President's Police Medal for distinguished service.
DIG Ravi Kant, a 1998-batch IPS officer of Odisha cadre who is heading the probe in coal block allocation scam and was reinstated by Supreme Court after his transfer from the agency, has been given Police Medal for meritorious service.
Another recipient of the Police Medal is DIG Ratan Sanjay, a 1998-batch Bihar cadre IPS officer who headed the probe in the infamous Shopian case where death of two women in mysterious circumstances led to massive agitation by locals.
The allegation of rape and murder were found baseless by CBI team which carried out detailed forensic evaluation.
SSP Ramnish Geer, who has experience in anti-corruption matters and probed number of high-profile graft cases which included Naval war room leak case, cases of arms dealer Abhishek Verma, Tatra scam, cases related to terror among others, has been given the Police Medal.
Inspector Jale Singh posted at Anti-Corruption wing of the agency at the headquarters and Head Constable Basant Singh Bisht have also been given Police Medals.
Other officers given President's Police Medal for distinguished service include SP Ajit Kumar Singh, DSP Ram Chander Garvan and Inspector Abdul Aziz.
The officers who have been given Police Medal for Meritorious Service include Additional SP Anuj Arya, DSPs Seema Pahuja, Nat Ram Meena, Surender Kumar Malik, Inspectors Ramesh Chand Sharma, Chandra Kiran Sharma, Manoj Kumar Dash, Inspector, Goutam Kumar Sagar, Sub-inspector Anil Vasant Mhatre, ASI Vijay Kumar Thapa, Head Constables Raj Kishore Rai, Mehboob Hasan, Constables Bijender Singh, Shyambir and Crime Assistant Shankar Das Girdhar.
- Open the Dam Shutters, SC Asks Karnataka to Release 6000 Cusecs of Water to TN
- After Indus Water Treaty, India Will Now Review the Most Favoured Nation Status Given to Pak
- Corruption Accused Ex-Corporate Affairs DG Bansal Commits Suicide Along With Son
- Clinton Puts Trump on Defensive in Fiery First Presidential Debate
- USA: Nine Injured in Shooting at Strip Mall in Houston
- Abandon 'Dream' of Obtaining Kashmir: Swaraj to Pakistan
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Yashvardhan Sinha Appointed India's High Commissioner to UK
- BSF Orders More Non-Lethal Weapons for Use at Bangladesh Border
- Pathankot on High Alert, Search Operation Launched
- Curfew Relaxed for Six Hours in Kishtwar District of J&K
- India Confronts Pak Envoy With Proof of Uri Attack's Cross Border Origins
- Pakistani Actors Should Condemn Uri Attack: Anupam Kher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED