CBI Arrests Syndicate Bank CMD for Taking Bribe
CBI today arrested Chairman-cum- Managing Director of Sydicate Bank, S K Jain and five others for allegedly taking bribe of Rs 50 lakh for enhancement of credit limit to some companies bypassing rules and regulations.
Acting on an internally developed intelligence, CBI had been monitoring the CMD for the last six months before arresting him today in Bangalore.
CBI has filed two cases against him for allegedly receiving bribe of Rs 50 lakh and "fraudulently bypassing" rules and regulations to enhance credit limit of two companies which have been involved in a coal scam.
"We are determined to fight corruption at high level and today's case was one such example," CBI Director Ranjit Sinha told PTI.
Others arrested included CMD's brother-in-law and a Chartered Accountant.
CBI is conducting searches at 20 places in four cities in connection with the case.
- Pakistan: 149 Dead, 117 Injured After Oil Tanker Catches Fire
- 7 Killed As Cable Car Plummets In Gulmarg
- 'Black Night' Can't Be Forgotten: Modi On Emergency
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Pak's BAT Team Carried Headband Camera, Dagger to Mutilate, Record Attack on Indian Army
- India Cannot Progress Without Hindi, Says Union Minister Naidu
- More Garbage Than Land For People In Delhi, Says High Court
- Army Jawan's Father Hides News Of Son’s Death So That Grandson Could Celebrate B’day