CBI Arrests Bhushan Steel Vice Chairman
CBI today arrested Neeraj Singal, Vice Chairman and Managing Director of Bhushan Steel Ltd BSL), in connection with Rs 50 lakh bribery scandal involving CMD of Syndicate Bank S K Jain.
Singal, who was allegedly evading arrest, has been nabbed from here, the agency sources said.
He has allegedly gone missing from his residence after the agency had carried out searches and did not appear on Saturday before the officials of the agency for examination.
Singal has applied for anticipatory bail application but it was rejected by Special CBI court of Swarana Kanta Sharma.
Sharma dismissed the anticipatory bail plea of Singal, observing that the offence alleged in the case was serious in nature as it involves huge amount of public money.
On August 2, CBI had arrested six accused, including the Chairman-cum-Managing Director of Syndicate Bank S K Jain, for allegedly taking bribe of Rs 50 lakh for increasing credit limit of some companies in violation of banking rules.
CBI has filed two cases against Jain -- accusing him of receiving a bribe of Rs 50 lakh through conduits and abusing his official position to enhance the credit limits of some companies in violation of laid down procedures.
"The intercepted conversation also needs to be put to the accused. An employee of applicant Neeraj Singal, who had taken the alleged bribe amount to Bhopal, is also not yet traced. The co-accused Purushotam Totlani is also absconding.
"The offence in question is serious in nature, requires custodial interrogation especially when bribe amount of Rs 50 lakh has been recovered from the possession of co-accused in consonance with the alleged intercepted conversation," the judge had said.
The court also said "accused Neeraj Singal is the Vice Chairman and MD of M/s Bhushan Steel and is thus one of the key accused and one of the key beneficiaries" the judge said.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan