Cambridge Univ Scouting for First 'Doctor of Chocolate'
Cambridge University is offering a chance to scientists and chocolate fans to indulge their sweet tooth by becoming a 'doctor of chocolate' at the prestigious institution.
The Department of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology of Cambridge University is seeking a researcher for a PhD on chocolate.
"An industrial, fully-funded 3.5-year PhD studentship is available to study the fundamentals of heat-stable chocolate," the advertisement says.
The challenge of the successful candidate is to stop chocolate melting in warm climates by studying the "fundamentals of heat-stable chocolate".
Candidates wishing to study chocolate need to apply by August 29. The salary has not been specified.
Due to funding regulations, the studentship is only available to EU nationals, the advertisement says.
The would-be doctor of chocolate will be expected "investigate the factors which allow chocolate, which has a melting point close to that of the human body, to remain solid and retain qualities sought by consumers when it is stored and sold in warm climates", it says.
The research project is "mainly experimental", but will require good mathematical skills, the advertisement says.
The applicants must have experience in experimental investigations and at least four years of study at University level and a high 2:1 or equivalent degree in a relevant discipline such as physics, chemistry, materials science or engineering.
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Narada Journalists Threaten Hunger Strike Over Dues
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 14 Men Molest 2 Women, Posts Video On The Social Media
- Defending The Use of 'Human Shield', General Bipin Rawat Says 'Dirty War' In Kashmir Has To Be Fought With 'Innovative Ways'
- After Rahul, Now Akhilesh Denied Entry to Violence-Hit Saharanpur
- Three Booked For Abducting, Raping Minor Girl In Rajasthan
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10