Cambridge Univ Scouting for First 'Doctor of Chocolate'
Cambridge University is offering a chance to scientists and chocolate fans to indulge their sweet tooth by becoming a 'doctor of chocolate' at the prestigious institution.
The Department of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology of Cambridge University is seeking a researcher for a PhD on chocolate.
"An industrial, fully-funded 3.5-year PhD studentship is available to study the fundamentals of heat-stable chocolate," the advertisement says.
The challenge of the successful candidate is to stop chocolate melting in warm climates by studying the "fundamentals of heat-stable chocolate".
Candidates wishing to study chocolate need to apply by August 29. The salary has not been specified.
Due to funding regulations, the studentship is only available to EU nationals, the advertisement says.
The would-be doctor of chocolate will be expected "investigate the factors which allow chocolate, which has a melting point close to that of the human body, to remain solid and retain qualities sought by consumers when it is stored and sold in warm climates", it says.
The research project is "mainly experimental", but will require good mathematical skills, the advertisement says.
The applicants must have experience in experimental investigations and at least four years of study at University level and a high 2:1 or equivalent degree in a relevant discipline such as physics, chemistry, materials science or engineering.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- Akhilesh Yadav Scared Of Donkeys Of Gujarat, Says PM Modi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman