Bus Rams Two-Wheeler in TN, 1 Killed
A two wheeler rider was crushed to death and 15 bus passengers injured, one of them seriously, after the vehicle rammed it near Mettur dam and fell into a 25 foot gorge today, police said
The bus was on its way to this city from Mettur dam when the mishap occurred.
Police said the bus driver swerved to the left to try and avoid hitting the two wheeler, but failed. The vehicle then veered off and fell into the gorge.
A crane was requisitioned to lift the bus up and all the injured have been hospitalised, they said.
FROM OUTLOOKMaharashtraA Gujarati businessman uses his influence with Bal Thackeray to emerge as a key power-broker...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBDiaryThere is something about taxi drivers, which probamore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESJaipur, May 31 The ongoing Gujjar agitation has himore from WIRES>>>
- French Burkini Bans Face Legal Challenge as Tension Mounts
- India Talks Tough With Pak, Says Willing to Discuss Terror
- Stand By Every Word I Said on RSS: Rahul Gandhi
- Angry Mehbooba Ends Press Meet With Rajnath Abruptly
- Scorpene Leak: Navy Takes Up Issue With France's DGA
- Alternatives to Pellet Guns in Few Days: Rajnath
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- One Dead, 30 Feared Missing As Boat Capsizes in Bangladesh
- Bad Time Continues for Banks, KFA Brands Fail to Find Buyers
- Festive Fervor Grips Country on Janmashtami
- Cooperation Between India and Afghan Should Not be Against Pak: Foreign Office
- Gujarat IPS Officer Pandiyan Discharged in Sohrabuddin Case
- Manas Bhunia's Brother Joins TMC
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED