Bus-Car Collision Kills Five in Chandigarh
Five persons were killed and 15 injured when a Delhi-bound luxury bus from Dharamsala collided with a car here today.
Three persons including a college student, who were travelling in the car, were killed along with a couple from Himachal Pradesh in the accident that took place near a traffic signal in Chandigarh's Sector 45 here, Assistnat Superintendent of Police (South) Urvija Goyal said.
The injured were taken to a government hospital here. The Volvo bus also caught fire after the accident, but it was soon put out, she said.
Police said that the accident could have occurred due to vehicles being at high speed.
- CBI Court to Frame Charges Against Advani, Others
- Cyclone Mora Hits B'desh, India On High Alert
- 'Had A Good Interaction,' Says PM Modi After Meeting German Chancellor Merkel
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10