Bus-Car Collision Kills Five in Chandigarh
Five persons were killed and 15 injured when a Delhi-bound luxury bus from Dharamsala collided with a car here today.
Three persons including a college student, who were travelling in the car, were killed along with a couple from Himachal Pradesh in the accident that took place near a traffic signal in Chandigarh's Sector 45 here, Assistnat Superintendent of Police (South) Urvija Goyal said.
The injured were taken to a government hospital here. The Volvo bus also caught fire after the accident, but it was soon put out, she said.
Police said that the accident could have occurred due to vehicles being at high speed.
FROM OUTLOOKMaharashtraA Gujarati businessman uses his influence with Bal Thackeray to emerge as a key power-broker...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionThere has been much rumination over New Delhi&rsqumore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESJaipur, May 31 The ongoing Gujjar agitation has himore from WIRES>>>
- Devas Antrix Deal: India Loses Case, May Have to Pay a Billion Dollars for Pull Out
- Coal Scam: Court Convicts RSPL, Three Officials
- Four Militants Killed, Another Apprehended in Kupwara
- Flipkart Acquires Jabong From Global Fashion Group
- Japan: 19 Killed in Knife Attack at a Care Centre for the Disabled
- Nine Suspected Islamist Militants Killed, One Arrested in Dhaka Raid
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: PM Hails Sacrifices of Indian Soldiers
- Jallikattu Can't Be Justified Just Because It's Old: Supreme Court
- Trade Unions Boycott EPFO Trustees' Meet
- Teenaged Girl Becomes First Victim of Dengue in Delhi in 2016
- Opposition Alleges Use of Coercion, Threats in RS Polls in Jharkhand
- Chinar Corps Becomes First Army Formation to Get 3G Network
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED