BSP MP Slams Bollywood Superstar for Posing Semi-Nude
A Bollywood superstar today came under a veiled attack in Rajya Sabha for posing semi-nude in posters for an upcoming movie with a BSP member seeking action against him under provisions of IPC.
Participating in a discussion on the working of Women and Child Development Ministry, S C Misra while highlighting how TV channels and pictures were polluting the society, said a "celebrity hero" had posed nude.
"You project yourself as a big social worker" hosting programmes on social causes, he said, adding such displays were prohibited and were considered an offence under IPC with three years' punishment.
He said stars often took up social causes but proceeds of the movies, which were judged as per financial parameters like how much they could gross - Rs 200 crore or Rs 300 crore, never went to the poor.
Misra demanded that the entire amount of such movies should be impounded and used for welfare of women and children.
He said stringent laws were needed to check vulgar display of women in soap operas and movies as these were leaving bad impression on people.
Yesterday also while initiating a debate on the working of Women and Child Welfare Ministry he had taken on the leading actor wondering what kind of message he was sending as he has hosted several programmes highlighting social issues and had met the Prime Minister recently.
- One Killed In Clashes At Saharanpur, Mayawati Slams Yogi Government
- Twitter Forces Rawal To Delete Tweet On Roy
- Melania Trump Evades Donald Trump’s Hand Again, For The Second Time
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10