BSP MP Slams Bollywood Superstar for Posing Semi-Nude
A Bollywood superstar today came under a veiled attack in Rajya Sabha for posing semi-nude in posters for an upcoming movie with a BSP member seeking action against him under provisions of IPC.
Participating in a discussion on the working of Women and Child Development Ministry, S C Misra while highlighting how TV channels and pictures were polluting the society, said a "celebrity hero" had posed nude.
"You project yourself as a big social worker" hosting programmes on social causes, he said, adding such displays were prohibited and were considered an offence under IPC with three years' punishment.
He said stars often took up social causes but proceeds of the movies, which were judged as per financial parameters like how much they could gross - Rs 200 crore or Rs 300 crore, never went to the poor.
Misra demanded that the entire amount of such movies should be impounded and used for welfare of women and children.
He said stringent laws were needed to check vulgar display of women in soap operas and movies as these were leaving bad impression on people.
Yesterday also while initiating a debate on the working of Women and Child Welfare Ministry he had taken on the leading actor wondering what kind of message he was sending as he has hosted several programmes highlighting social issues and had met the Prime Minister recently.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman