'BSF's 16 Attempts for Flag Meets Got No Response From Pak'
BSF has approached the Pakistan Rangers at least 16 times for flag meetings but got tepid response, a top officer of the force said today and claimed the neighbouring country is resorting to ceasefire violations to divert attention of its people from its internal strife.
"Our Sector Commander (of BSF) has tried 16 times from July 16 this year till date to talk (for flag meeting) to counterpart on Pakistan side, but he has never responded. So what can you expect," Inspector General of BSF Jammu frontier, Rakesh Sharma told reporters here this evening.
Blaming Pakistan for ceasefire violations, he said "Generally you see that internal turmoil in Pakistan. They want to divert the attention of general public towards border from their internal turmoil and that is why they have risen the level of ceasefire violation".
"We have never refused any flag meetings. If Pakistan comes for a flag meeting we will certainly attend it. But as far as our stand is concerned, we have requested them in the past. They have not responded," he said.
"To share with you, as per the decision taken in the DG level talks, it was decided that as and when there is tension on the border, both the sector-level commanders from Indian and Pakistan sides will speak on hot line and resolve the issue," the IG said.
"We are concerned about it. Peace must prevail along the border. But Pakistan is not doing any efforts to bring peace. It is all upto Pakistan to defuse the situation," he added.
He said, "In all the case of violations, protest notes have been lodged. Response is always a denial mode. They always deny their involvement in the firing. We always provide them proof also and some times they do not even respond.
"The ammunition found are made in Pakistan ordinance factory, its marking is proof of it. It is their mortar shells," he said.
FROM OUTLOOKDefenceWith service chiefs increasingly at the mercy of bureaucrats and dwindling budgets, the country's defence preparedness needs to...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionTom Engelhardt addresses the graduates of 2016 fromore from WEB>>>
FROM WIREST V Parasuram Washington, July 23 (PTI) Diffemore from WIRES>>>
- Sidhu Likely to Join AAP in August
- NADA Concludes Hearing, Decision on Narsingh's Fate Deferred
- FM Hits Back at Rahul, Says NDA Has Brought Down Inflation
- Eminent Writer Mahasweta Devi Dies at 90
- Rajnath to Raise Pak-Sponsored Terror, No Bilateral With Pak Counterpart
- Obama Passes Baton to Clinton, Says No One More Qualified
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Modi Follows Person Who Hurled Abuses at Delhi CM, Claims AAP
- Bus Rams Into Tree in Solapur District, Four Dead
- Fed Up With Harassment, College Girl Ends Life in Malegaon
- Indian-American Girl Becomes Youngest Delegate at DNC
- 14-Year-Old Boy Wins International Maths Competition
- Autorickshaw, Taxi Unions Call Off Strike in Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED