'BSF's 16 Attempts for Flag Meets Got No Response From Pak'
BSF has approached the Pakistan Rangers at least 16 times for flag meetings but got tepid response, a top officer of the force said today and claimed the neighbouring country is resorting to ceasefire violations to divert attention of its people from its internal strife.
"Our Sector Commander (of BSF) has tried 16 times from July 16 this year till date to talk (for flag meeting) to counterpart on Pakistan side, but he has never responded. So what can you expect," Inspector General of BSF Jammu frontier, Rakesh Sharma told reporters here this evening.
Blaming Pakistan for ceasefire violations, he said "Generally you see that internal turmoil in Pakistan. They want to divert the attention of general public towards border from their internal turmoil and that is why they have risen the level of ceasefire violation".
"We have never refused any flag meetings. If Pakistan comes for a flag meeting we will certainly attend it. But as far as our stand is concerned, we have requested them in the past. They have not responded," he said.
"To share with you, as per the decision taken in the DG level talks, it was decided that as and when there is tension on the border, both the sector-level commanders from Indian and Pakistan sides will speak on hot line and resolve the issue," the IG said.
"We are concerned about it. Peace must prevail along the border. But Pakistan is not doing any efforts to bring peace. It is all upto Pakistan to defuse the situation," he added.
He said, "In all the case of violations, protest notes have been lodged. Response is always a denial mode. They always deny their involvement in the firing. We always provide them proof also and some times they do not even respond.
"The ammunition found are made in Pakistan ordinance factory, its marking is proof of it. It is their mortar shells," he said.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Government To Launch 'Twitter Seva' To Address Public Grievances
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman