'BSF's 16 Attempts for Flag Meets Got No Response From Pak'
BSF has approached the Pakistan Rangers at least 16 times for flag meetings but got tepid response, a top officer of the force said today and claimed the neighbouring country is resorting to ceasefire violations to divert attention of its people from its internal strife.
"Our Sector Commander (of BSF) has tried 16 times from July 16 this year till date to talk (for flag meeting) to counterpart on Pakistan side, but he has never responded. So what can you expect," Inspector General of BSF Jammu frontier, Rakesh Sharma told reporters here this evening.
Blaming Pakistan for ceasefire violations, he said "Generally you see that internal turmoil in Pakistan. They want to divert the attention of general public towards border from their internal turmoil and that is why they have risen the level of ceasefire violation".
"We have never refused any flag meetings. If Pakistan comes for a flag meeting we will certainly attend it. But as far as our stand is concerned, we have requested them in the past. They have not responded," he said.
"To share with you, as per the decision taken in the DG level talks, it was decided that as and when there is tension on the border, both the sector-level commanders from Indian and Pakistan sides will speak on hot line and resolve the issue," the IG said.
"We are concerned about it. Peace must prevail along the border. But Pakistan is not doing any efforts to bring peace. It is all upto Pakistan to defuse the situation," he added.
He said, "In all the case of violations, protest notes have been lodged. Response is always a denial mode. They always deny their involvement in the firing. We always provide them proof also and some times they do not even respond.
"The ammunition found are made in Pakistan ordinance factory, its marking is proof of it. It is their mortar shells," he said.
- Modi Government Gears Up To Counter China's OBOR
- Wreckage Of Missing Sukhoi Fighter Jet Found
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10