BSF Asked to Effectively Counter Pakistani Firing
Home Minister Rajnath Singh today took stock of the situation along the International Border (IB) in Jammu and Kashmir and asked BSF to effectively retaliate to firing from Pakistan.
Singh reviewed the situation along the IB with Director General of BSF D K Pathak and directed him to take all possible steps to counter the firing from Pakistan side.
"The Home Minister directed the BSF DG to effectively counter the firing from across the border," official sources said.
Pathak briefed the Home Minister about the situation along the IB, particularly in Jammu region, where Pakistan forces have been continously firing towards Indian posts and villages.
The BSF DG also informed the Home Minister that the entire force of the BSF is on high alert and giving fitting reply to Pakistani firing, sources said.
There have been 16 ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops in nearly a fortnight and 18 this month.
Army troops discovered a 50-m long tunnel near a forward post along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu region's sensitive Pallanwala sector, which could have been used to infiltrate militants into India.
- Indian Origin Punjabi Bus Driver Burnt to Death in Australia
- SC Dismisses Petition, Says Armed Forces Answerable To Government
- Fifteen Pakistan Rangers Killed In BSF's Retaliatory Fire In The Past Week
- Judges Selection: SC Slams Centre for Bringing Courts to a Grinding Halt
- US Charges 61 People in Multi-Million Dollar Indian Call Center Scam
- Pak Violates Ceasefire Along LoC in Jammu, Rajouri, Kathua, Girl Injured
- Daily Curator: While India Plays Spy-Spy With Pakistan, China Issues Gentle Reminder
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- India Third in Terror Deaths After ISIS-Boko Haram Areas: SC Told
- War No Option, Pak Should Take Initiative for Peace: Mehbooba
- Pak Army Says No Soldiers Killed in Firing at Border
- DND Flyway onnecting Noida to Delhi to Remain Toll Free: SC
- Swamy Asks PM to Form Multi-Agency SIT to Probe Tatas
- Northern Ireland Rejects Brexit Court Challenge
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED