Boys Will Be Re-energised Under Shastri: Sanjay Patel
BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel today said that the Indian team will be re-energised under Ravi Shastri, who has been appointed as the Team Director for the ODI series against England.
"We are quite sure that the boys will be re-energised under the guidance of Shastri. His on-the-field and off-the-field knowledge will be very helpful to to bring the team back into the game," Patel told reporters today.
"Since last two weeks BCCI is discussing the entire issue. As a combination of much debate and discussion yesterday, the decision was taken to appoint Shastri," said Patel.
BCCI has also given break to the bowling coach Mr Joe Dawes and the fielding coach, Trevor Penney, for the one-day series and appointed Sanjay Bangar, former Indian all-rounder, and former India fast bowler Bharat Arun as the Asst. Coaches of the team.
"At the moment, two other coaches have also been replaced by three Indian coaches as you know. This will obviously bring some fresh air into the team," he said.
- Burhan Wani's Successor Sabzar Bhat, Killed
- After Rahul, Akhilesh Denied Entry To Saharanpur
- WHO Confirms First Zika Cases From Ahmedabad
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10