Boxers Sumit and Manoj in Quarters at CWG
Sumit Sangwan began his campaign at the 2014 Commonwealth Games with a comfortable 3-0 win over Mohammed Hakimu Fumu as the Indian pugilist reached the quarterfinals of the Men's Light Heavy 81kg category, here Sunday.
21-year-old Sangwan was dominant in all three rounds as he all three judges declared him clear winner.
He will now fight it out with New Zealand's Davis Nyika for a place in the semifinals on Tuesday.
Manoj Kumar also booked a berth in quarterfinals of the the men's 64kg category with a 2-0 win over Canada's Arthur Biyarslanov.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Police Confirm Probe Still On Against Major Who Used Civilian As Human-Shield
- Manchester Attack: 'Broken.. I'm Sorry', Says Pop Singer Ariana Whose Concert Was Hit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10