Boxers Sumit and Manoj in Quarters at CWG
Sumit Sangwan began his campaign at the 2014 Commonwealth Games with a comfortable 3-0 win over Mohammed Hakimu Fumu as the Indian pugilist reached the quarterfinals of the Men's Light Heavy 81kg category, here Sunday.
21-year-old Sangwan was dominant in all three rounds as he all three judges declared him clear winner.
He will now fight it out with New Zealand's Davis Nyika for a place in the semifinals on Tuesday.
Manoj Kumar also booked a berth in quarterfinals of the the men's 64kg category with a 2-0 win over Canada's Arthur Biyarslanov.
- Lok Sabha Approves Amendment to Lokpal Act for Deferring Asset Filing
- Salman Acquittal: Key Witness in Poaching Case Says He Wasn't Summoned Deliberately
- IS Claims Attack That Killed 44 in Northern Syria
- Muslim Women Beaten Up by Gau Rakshaks in MP, Uproar in RS
- T. M. Krishna, Bezwada Wilson Win Magsaysay Award
- Narsingh Replaced by Rana, Scandal Reaches Police
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- IT Raid on AAP MLA's Premises for Alleged Tax Evasion
- Using 'Crazies' Like Hafiz Saeed Will Harm Pakistan: Haqqani
- 3,550 Police, 2,309 Civilians Injured in Stone Pelting in J&K
- Amnesty International Demands Dropping of All Charges Against Irom Sharmila
- Baghdad Suicide Bomb Kills Six, Province Takes on Militants
- Two CRPF Jawans Injured in IED Blast in Chhattisgarh
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED