Boxers Sumit and Manoj in Quarters at CWG
Sumit Sangwan began his campaign at the 2014 Commonwealth Games with a comfortable 3-0 win over Mohammed Hakimu Fumu as the Indian pugilist reached the quarterfinals of the Men's Light Heavy 81kg category, here Sunday.
21-year-old Sangwan was dominant in all three rounds as he all three judges declared him clear winner.
He will now fight it out with New Zealand's Davis Nyika for a place in the semifinals on Tuesday.
Manoj Kumar also booked a berth in quarterfinals of the the men's 64kg category with a 2-0 win over Canada's Arthur Biyarslanov.
- Sting Operation: BJP Lodges Complaint Against Odisha CM, BJD MLAs
- GDP Growth Slows Down to 7.1%, Lowest in 6 Quarters
- Bezwada Wilson, T.M. Krishna Receive Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Dhingra Committee Submits 182-Page Report on Haryana Land Deals
- Ola Drivers Gangrape 12-Yr-Old in Kolkata, Kill, Toss Her Body Into Canal
- Let the Late Russian's Family Keep London Silver: Yogeshwar
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Nobel Prize Winner Roger Tsien Dies, Helped Track Cells
- Discussed Wall Not Payment in Meeting With Mexican President: Trump
- Brazil's President Rousseff Ousted From Office by Senate
- Bring Poor, Weaker Sections to Party Fold, Modi Tells BJP's Rajya Sabha MPs
- At Nearly 43%, Muslims Have Highest Per Cent of Illiterates: Census
- Sensex Up 66 Points, Nifty Above 8,800 in Early Trade
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED