Bopanna-Srebotnik in Mixed Doubles Quarters of US Open
India's Rohan Bopanna and his Slovenian partner Katrina Srebotnik sailed into the US Open mixed doubles quarterfinals after a comprehensive straight-set win in their second-round match here.
Sixth-seeded Bopanna and Srebotnik defeated the Spanish-South African pairing of Anabel Medina Garrigues and Raven Klaasen 6-3 6-4 in a contest which lasted an hour and five minutes.
Therefore, the quarterfinal will have an Indian on both ends of the court as Bopanna and Srebotnik will square off against top seeds Sania Mirza and her Brazillian partner Bruno Soares.
In a rather lop-sided match, Bopanna and Srebotnik took merely half an hour to clinch the opening set after converting two of the three break points they earned.
The Indo-Slovenian team had a markedly better second serve percentage and the pair sent down 10 winners against its rival's five.
The second set was a tad more competitive but Bopanna Srebotnik were still the better of the two combinations. They once again broke Garrigues and Klaasen twice to seal the issue in their favour.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman