Boman Gets Police Protection After Threat From Underworld
Bollywood actor Boman Irani has been provided police protection after he allegedly received a threat call from fugitive underworld don Ravi Pujari.
"Boman Irani has received threat call from Pujari and we have provided him security. We are investigating the case," a senior police official said without specifying the nature of the threat.
Irani's movie Happy New Year, in which he co-stars with Shah Rukh Khan, Abhishek Bachchan and Deepika Padukone, is scheduled for release in October.
On August 23, three persons had opened fire outside the residence of film producer Ali Morani in suburban Juhu.
Two days later, Pujari had allegedly called superstar Shah Rukh Khan's production house Red Chillies and passed on a message to the actor. Pujari told Khan's staff to tell the actor to stay away from Morani, police had earlier said.
The gangster is known to make calls to builders and film personalities.
- Pak Will Give Befitting Response to Any Misadventure: Raheel
- Shahabuddin Surrenders, Says CM Will be 'Taught a Lesson'
- Sri Lanka Becomes Fifth Nation to Pull Out of SAARC
- SC Cancels RJD Leader Shahabuddin's Bail, Sends Him Back to Jail
- Surgical Strikes by India in PoK an Act of Self Defence: Afghanistan
- Bihar Liquor Prohibition Law Illegal, Rules Patna High Court
- Denzel Washington's 'FENCES' Trailer Promises Oscar Contenders
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Will Tell India What Is Real Surgical Strike: Saeed
- Telcos Meet TRAI, Allege Tariff Order Violation by RJio
- Surgical Strike: South Korea Supports India's Stance
- Court Issues NBW Against Dawood Ibrahim, Chhota Shakeel
- 10 Killed, 29 Missing in Typhoon Megi in China
- Philippine Prez Duterte 'Happy to Slaughter' Drug Suspects, Mentions Hitler
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED