BJP Suffering From Leadership Crisis in Jharkhand: JPP
Accusing the BJP of facing a leadership crisis in the state, Jharkhand People's Party (JPP) president Surya Singh Besra today said BJP should project its chief ministerial candidate for the coming Assembly elections as it had projected Narendra Modi in the parliamentary polls.
"BJP's experiment with Narendra Modi in the general elections proved successful, but the party doesn't have any tribal leader who it can project for the top job in Jharkhand," Besra said while addressing a press conference after the JPP executive committee meeting here and claimed the BJP lacked a honest tribal leader to project as its chief ministerial candidate for the Assembly elections.
The JPP leadership who participated in the meeting, projected Besra as the party's chief ministerial candidate, said party general secretary Dil Bahadur.
"National parties like the BJP and the Congress had formed governments in alliance with regional parties like JMM, RJD and JD(U) in the state, but did nothing good for the poor tribals," Besra alleged.
The BJP had ruled the state for over eight years but never bothered to constitute a "Santhali Sahitiya academy" or form any "Santhali syllabus", he said.
Besra said JPP has decided in the meeting to go alone and contest all 81 Assembly seats in the coming elections and a party board would finalise the candidates as well as the election manifesto at a convention of its students wing, All Jharkhand Students Union, on August 31 at Ranchi.
- Absconding UP BJP Leader Dayashankar Singh Arrested From Bihar
- Gurgaon: Thousands Stranded on NH-8 Due to Waterlogging, Heavy Rains
- Govt Lists GST Bill For Consideration in Rajya Sabha
- One San Diego Cop Killed, Another Wounded in Shooting: Police
- Curfew, Restrictions Re-Imposed in Kashmir
- Indian National Not Executed in Indonesia: Swaraj
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- HC Tells Virbhadra's Wife to Appear Before ED
- SC Directs Actor Rajpal Yadav to Undergo Six-Day Jail Term
- Court Dismisses FIR Petition Against Khurshid, Bansal
- No Legal Provision to Scrap 15-Year-Old Diesel Vehicles: NGT Told
- 363 Farmer Suicide Cases Reported so Far in 2016: Centre
- Odisha: 12 Injured in Police-Mob Clash Over Garbage Dumping
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED