BJP Suffering From Leadership Crisis in Jharkhand: JPP
Accusing the BJP of facing a leadership crisis in the state, Jharkhand People's Party (JPP) president Surya Singh Besra today said BJP should project its chief ministerial candidate for the coming Assembly elections as it had projected Narendra Modi in the parliamentary polls.
"BJP's experiment with Narendra Modi in the general elections proved successful, but the party doesn't have any tribal leader who it can project for the top job in Jharkhand," Besra said while addressing a press conference after the JPP executive committee meeting here and claimed the BJP lacked a honest tribal leader to project as its chief ministerial candidate for the Assembly elections.
The JPP leadership who participated in the meeting, projected Besra as the party's chief ministerial candidate, said party general secretary Dil Bahadur.
"National parties like the BJP and the Congress had formed governments in alliance with regional parties like JMM, RJD and JD(U) in the state, but did nothing good for the poor tribals," Besra alleged.
The BJP had ruled the state for over eight years but never bothered to constitute a "Santhali Sahitiya academy" or form any "Santhali syllabus", he said.
Besra said JPP has decided in the meeting to go alone and contest all 81 Assembly seats in the coming elections and a party board would finalise the candidates as well as the election manifesto at a convention of its students wing, All Jharkhand Students Union, on August 31 at Ranchi.
- Pak Violates Ceasefire Twice in Kathua, Rajouri, Jawan Injured
- Twin Raids in Northern Iraq by Suicide Bombers, 16 Killed
- Don't Release Funds to State Till They Implement Lodha Panel Recommendations: SC Tells BCCI
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- Wipro Q2 Net Profit Dips 7.6% at Rs 2,070 Crore
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- Modi Govt Trying to Impose Uniform Civil Code: Imam
- Security Beefed Up Around Raisina Hill in Anticipation of JNU Students' Protest
- Head of Militant Group Behind Dhaka Cafe Attack Killed: Police
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'