BJP Suffering From Leadership Crisis in Jharkhand: JPP
Accusing the BJP of facing a leadership crisis in the state, Jharkhand People's Party (JPP) president Surya Singh Besra today said BJP should project its chief ministerial candidate for the coming Assembly elections as it had projected Narendra Modi in the parliamentary polls.
"BJP's experiment with Narendra Modi in the general elections proved successful, but the party doesn't have any tribal leader who it can project for the top job in Jharkhand," Besra said while addressing a press conference after the JPP executive committee meeting here and claimed the BJP lacked a honest tribal leader to project as its chief ministerial candidate for the Assembly elections.
The JPP leadership who participated in the meeting, projected Besra as the party's chief ministerial candidate, said party general secretary Dil Bahadur.
"National parties like the BJP and the Congress had formed governments in alliance with regional parties like JMM, RJD and JD(U) in the state, but did nothing good for the poor tribals," Besra alleged.
The BJP had ruled the state for over eight years but never bothered to constitute a "Santhali Sahitiya academy" or form any "Santhali syllabus", he said.
Besra said JPP has decided in the meeting to go alone and contest all 81 Assembly seats in the coming elections and a party board would finalise the candidates as well as the election manifesto at a convention of its students wing, All Jharkhand Students Union, on August 31 at Ranchi.
- CBI Court to Frame Charges Against Advani, Others
- Cyclone Mora Hits B'desh, India On High Alert
- 'Had A Good Interaction,' Says PM Modi After Meeting German Chancellor Merkel
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10