BJP MP Slams Goa RSS Chief for Criticism Over Language Issue
BJP Lok Sabha MP Narendra Sawaikar today took strong objection to Goa unit RSS chief Subhash Velingkar criticising Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar and the BJP-led state government over the medium of instruction policy in schools.
"The statements made by Velingkar against Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar and the party (BJP) are not in good taste. In Sangh Parivar, to which we are affiliated, we are taught to exercise restrain. But what we see is that Velingkar has crossed the line," Sawaikar said at a press conference held at the state BJP's headquarters here.
Velingkar, who is spearheading Bharatiya Bhasha Suraksha Manch (BBSM) - which supports regional language as medium of instruction in schools - in a statement had criticised Parrikar, a former Chief Minister, for allegedly backtracking on his promise of giving preference to indigenous languages.
A section of society in the coastal state backs English as medium of instruction in schools.
The state government has given grants to schools which have English as medium of instruction, a move opposed by BBSM which has decided to launch an over the issue from the month-end.
"Velingkar should resign from the post of RSS chief of Goa and fight elections before making any (critical) statement. Enough is enough, you can't take support of the party and talk any rubbish," Sawaikar said.
"If someone has an axe to grind, he should do it in his personal capacity and not use the party platform," the MP from South Goa said targeting the RSS leader.
- France Votes in Presidential Election
- PIL in HC for Ban on 66 Pesticides
- Liquor Ban Will Unite Religions: Nitish Kumar
- GST Great Illustration of Cooperative Federalism, Says PM Modi
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MCD Election: Exit Polls Predict Sweep for BJP, Setback for AAP
- MCD Election: SEC to Issue Memos to Officials for Delay in Sending Data
- MCD Election: Polling Ends Peacefully, Turnout Likely to Cross 54%
- Jaitley Flags H-1B Visa Concerns with US Treasury Secy
- Delhi Gangrape Convicts Challenged the High Court
- US Accuses TCS, Infosys of Violating H-1B Visa Norms
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 'How Can You Make Aadhaar Mandatory When We Passed An Order To Make It Optional', SC Asks Centre
- Muslims Don't Vote For Us, But We Gave Them 'Proper Sanctity': Ravi Shankar Prasad
- New UP DGP Sulkhan Singh Takes Charge, Vows to Crush 'Goondagardi'
- UP DGP Javeed Ahmed Shunted Out to Head PAC, 12 IPS Officers Transferred