BJP MP Slams Goa RSS Chief for Criticism Over Language Issue
BJP Lok Sabha MP Narendra Sawaikar today took strong objection to Goa unit RSS chief Subhash Velingkar criticising Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar and the BJP-led state government over the medium of instruction policy in schools.
"The statements made by Velingkar against Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar and the party (BJP) are not in good taste. In Sangh Parivar, to which we are affiliated, we are taught to exercise restrain. But what we see is that Velingkar has crossed the line," Sawaikar said at a press conference held at the state BJP's headquarters here.
Velingkar, who is spearheading Bharatiya Bhasha Suraksha Manch (BBSM) - which supports regional language as medium of instruction in schools - in a statement had criticised Parrikar, a former Chief Minister, for allegedly backtracking on his promise of giving preference to indigenous languages.
A section of society in the coastal state backs English as medium of instruction in schools.
The state government has given grants to schools which have English as medium of instruction, a move opposed by BBSM which has decided to launch an over the issue from the month-end.
"Velingkar should resign from the post of RSS chief of Goa and fight elections before making any (critical) statement. Enough is enough, you can't take support of the party and talk any rubbish," Sawaikar said.
"If someone has an axe to grind, he should do it in his personal capacity and not use the party platform," the MP from South Goa said targeting the RSS leader.
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Narada Journalists Threaten Hunger Strike Over Dues
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10