BJP Legislator Demands Dress Code for Men on Goa Beaches
A senior Goa BJP legislator today demanded dress code for men on the beaches, days after a state minister sought a ban on bikinis at the seaside.
"There should be proper dress code at par with the international standards for men to venture on the beaches. They should be in proper swim wear, and not the shabby undergarments which give a pathetic look. They can wear swimming trunk if they want to," Michael Lobo, legislator from Calangute constituency and BJP's North Goa district president, told PTI.
He said majority of those with such (shabby) attire are domestic tourists who arrive in the state in a jeep, don't book any hotel to stay and venture on the beaches in their undergarments creating nuisance for women.
"They pull foreigners towards them to click picture," he said.
"There should be some control on these stupid tourists or else good tourists will stop visiting," he said, adding that such visitors creating nuisance should be arrested.
Lobo alleged that India Reserve Battalion (IRB) police personnel posted on the beaches were extorting money from businessmen and vendors at the shore.
"There are 300 IRB personnel posted on the beaches but they are busy collecting haftas (extortion money)," he charged.
Last month, state public works department minister Sudin Dhavalikar had demanded a ban on the bikinis in the state, claiming that women in skimpy dresses might create a law and order problem.
- 'One Nation One Tax' to Eliminate Corruption: Jaitley on GST
- Bangladeshi-Canadian Named as Dhaka Cafe Attack Mastermind
- Assam Flood Situation 'Grave And Challenging': Rajnath
- Karnataka CM's Son Dies of Pancreatitis in Belgium
- Clashes in Kashmir, Curfew Lifted in Many Areas
- Kashmir: Army Foils Infiltration Bid, Two Militants, Two Soldiers Killed
- Outlook Cover Story On RSS Trafficking Goes Viral
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Army Takes Possession of Adarsh Building
- Angul SP Injured in Clash Between BJD, BJP in Odisha
- Terrorists Like Burhan Wani Don't Deserve Second Chance: Deputy CM
- West Indies Reach 88 for 4 at Lunch vs India on Day 1
- 16 Killed in Texas Hot Air Balloon Crash
- Court Convicts Film Director Farooqui of Raping US Researcher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED