BJP Legislator Demands Dress Code for Men on Goa Beaches
A senior Goa BJP legislator today demanded dress code for men on the beaches, days after a state minister sought a ban on bikinis at the seaside.
"There should be proper dress code at par with the international standards for men to venture on the beaches. They should be in proper swim wear, and not the shabby undergarments which give a pathetic look. They can wear swimming trunk if they want to," Michael Lobo, legislator from Calangute constituency and BJP's North Goa district president, told PTI.
He said majority of those with such (shabby) attire are domestic tourists who arrive in the state in a jeep, don't book any hotel to stay and venture on the beaches in their undergarments creating nuisance for women.
"They pull foreigners towards them to click picture," he said.
"There should be some control on these stupid tourists or else good tourists will stop visiting," he said, adding that such visitors creating nuisance should be arrested.
Lobo alleged that India Reserve Battalion (IRB) police personnel posted on the beaches were extorting money from businessmen and vendors at the shore.
"There are 300 IRB personnel posted on the beaches but they are busy collecting haftas (extortion money)," he charged.
Last month, state public works department minister Sudin Dhavalikar had demanded a ban on the bikinis in the state, claiming that women in skimpy dresses might create a law and order problem.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Hafiz Saeed A Serious Threat To Nation: Pak's Defence Minister
- CBI Searches Former Chief A.P. Singh's Residence
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- CBI Arrests IRS Officer For Bribery In IPL-Betting Scam
- Cong Promises to Strive for Removal of AFSPA If Voted Back to Power
- Indefinite Bandh Called Off In Nagaland
- At Least 6 Killed, 14 Injured In Suicide Blast Outside Pakistan Court
- Trump Picks Lt Gen McMaster As New National Security Advisor
- BSF Foils Infiltration Bid Along LoC, Militant Killed
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Wary Of Indian Space-Tech, China Plans On Fast-Tracking Its Rocket Launches
- 'He Would Put His Fingers Inside Me, Move My Leg Around': US Gymnasts Accuse Former Team Doctor
- Stockholm-Based Think-Tank Says India Was The World's Largest Arms Importer In The Past Five Years
- Woman Allegedly Raped Near South Delhi's Hauz Khas Village