BJP Leader Suggests Gujarat 2002 Model for Riots
A member of the BJP’s national executive and general secretary of the party’s Karnataka unit C. T. Ravi stirred quite a controversy by "tweeting" inflammatory comments on July 27 over the Saharanpur riots in Uttar Pradesh.
C.T. Ravi tweeted: "Only the Gujarat model, that worked from 2002 in containing their rioting elements, can work. Apply across Bharat."
Advertisement— Asli Scotchy (@scotchism) July 27, 2014
However, the original tweet cannot be found on his timeline anymore.
According to reports, Delhi-based lawyer and activist Shehzad Poonawalla who is associated with the Congress party has already petitioned the National Human Rights Commission saying that he is using social media to fan communal passions.
- Ahead of Diwali, Govt Approves 2 Per Cent Hike in DA
- Need to Have a Relook on the Minority Tag Given to Muslims: Giriraj Singh
- Pakistan Condemns 'Manhandling' Of Staffer, Says Espionage Charges False
- No Regulation of Media in a Democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pak High Commission Staffer Asked to Leave India Within 48 Hrs
- SC Defers Hearing of Election Petition Against Sonia Gandhi
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Libya's Navy Says 90 Migrants Perished After Boat Fell Apart
- Ready to Sacrifice Myself for the Party: Amar Singh
- Neither Bua Nor Bhatija Can Improve Law and Order in UP: Amit Shah
- Pak Not to Attend Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster
- Twitter to Cut 9 Per Cent of Staff, Plots New Growth Strategy
- Ceasefire Violations, If Continues, Will Not Go Unpunished: Sharif Warns India
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED