BJP Leader Suggests Gujarat 2002 Model for Riots
A member of the BJP’s national executive and general secretary of the party’s Karnataka unit C. T. Ravi stirred quite a controversy by "tweeting" inflammatory comments on July 27 over the Saharanpur riots in Uttar Pradesh.
C.T. Ravi tweeted: "Only the Gujarat model, that worked from 2002 in containing their rioting elements, can work. Apply across Bharat."
— Asli Scotchy (@scotchism) July 27, 2014
However, the original tweet cannot be found on his timeline anymore.
According to reports, Delhi-based lawyer and activist Shehzad Poonawalla who is associated with the Congress party has already petitioned the National Human Rights Commission saying that he is using social media to fan communal passions.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10