BJP Leader Resents Job Ad That Bars Hindu Aspirants
A BJP functionary in Kerala today took objection to an employment advertisement issued by a business concern here that said only Christian and Muslim candidates need to apply for the jobs it offered.
Talking to reporters here, the BJP state Cell Co-ordinator B Gopalakrishnan said barring Hindus from applying for job amounted to an infringement of their constitutional right.
The advertisement that appeared in a Malayalam daily recently had invited applications for various jobs in a supermarket in the city from candidates belonging to the two communities only, he said.
The BJP leader said this went against the Fundamental Rights and was a flagrant violation of Article 14 of the Constitution which says "the state shall not deny to any person equality before law or the equal protection of the laws within the territory of India."
He said on seeing the advertisement, he contacted the proprietors and urged them to withdraw it but they declined to do so.
He said a protest would be organised here on August 22 if the business venture failed to recall the advertisement.
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Narada Journalists Threaten Hunger Strike Over Dues
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10