BJP Leader Resents Job Ad That Bars Hindu Aspirants
A BJP functionary in Kerala today took objection to an employment advertisement issued by a business concern here that said only Christian and Muslim candidates need to apply for the jobs it offered.
Talking to reporters here, the BJP state Cell Co-ordinator B Gopalakrishnan said barring Hindus from applying for job amounted to an infringement of their constitutional right.
The advertisement that appeared in a Malayalam daily recently had invited applications for various jobs in a supermarket in the city from candidates belonging to the two communities only, he said.
The BJP leader said this went against the Fundamental Rights and was a flagrant violation of Article 14 of the Constitution which says "the state shall not deny to any person equality before law or the equal protection of the laws within the territory of India."
He said on seeing the advertisement, he contacted the proprietors and urged them to withdraw it but they declined to do so.
He said a protest would be organised here on August 22 if the business venture failed to recall the advertisement.
- Whole of J&K Belongs to India: Swaraj on Sharif's 'Delusional Kashmir Dream'
- Kashmir: Congress Decides Not to Meet Rajnath Singh
- Declare Blackmoney by Sept 30 or Face Action: PM
- 80 Dead as IS Claims Twin Blasts During Kabul Protest
- Chennai: Search for Missing IAF Plane Intensified, Parrikar Conducts Aerial Survey
- 'Lone' Munich Shooter Kills Nine in Mall Rampage, Commits Suicide
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Shami Takes Four on Comeback as West Indies Struggle at 120/5
- Root and Woakes Star as England Dominates Second Test Against Pakistan
- Clashes Rock Syria's Manbij as IS Ignores Ultimatum
- Orissa: Seven School Teachers Booked for Allegedly Sexually Harassing Girls
- President, PM Condole Raza's Death
- Orissa: Minor 'Assaulted' by BJD Men for Refusing to Donate Blood
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED