BJP Has Put Advani, Joshi in Old Age Home: Cong
Congress today reacted with sarcasm and derision to BJP's decision to drop its founder leaders L K Advani and M M Joshi from the Parliamentary Board, saying they have been put in an "old age home" and their 'Margdarshak Mandal' will only be a 'mookdarshak' (mute spectator).
The party said the development marks the "process of centralisation of power" in one hand, apparently referring to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Congress leader Rashid Alvi mocked the BJP's new body Margdarshak Mandal (guiding committee), formed today of which Advani and Joshi besides ailing former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee are members.
"It is a mookdarshak mandal. It is like an old age home from where Advani and Joshi will witness the functioning of BJP like mutes. We were all aware that they are being sidelined," he told reporters.
Another Congress leader and former Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari said the development marks the "process of centralisation of power" in one hand.
NCP leader D P Tripathi, however, termed it as an internal matter of BJP and said new faces, who have come in the place of BJP veterans, are also important for a party.
"How the Parliamentary Board is constituted is the prerogative of the president of the party. This is the convention. But the organisation matters. In place of veterans, they have chosen new faces and these new faces are also important in the party," he said.
Veteran BJP leader C P Thakur said it could be the "process of change".
This is the party's decision on which he will not comment, he said.
"The party will keep on changing. It might be that process of change," he said.
- Former Punjab DGP K.P.S. Gill Dies At 82
- Wreckage Of Missing Sukhoi Fighter Jet Found
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10