BJP Has Put Advani, Joshi in Old Age Home: Cong
Congress today reacted with sarcasm and derision to BJP's decision to drop its founder leaders L K Advani and M M Joshi from the Parliamentary Board, saying they have been put in an "old age home" and their 'Margdarshak Mandal' will only be a 'mookdarshak' (mute spectator).
The party said the development marks the "process of centralisation of power" in one hand, apparently referring to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Congress leader Rashid Alvi mocked the BJP's new body Margdarshak Mandal (guiding committee), formed today of which Advani and Joshi besides ailing former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee are members.
"It is a mookdarshak mandal. It is like an old age home from where Advani and Joshi will witness the functioning of BJP like mutes. We were all aware that they are being sidelined," he told reporters.
Another Congress leader and former Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari said the development marks the "process of centralisation of power" in one hand.
NCP leader D P Tripathi, however, termed it as an internal matter of BJP and said new faces, who have come in the place of BJP veterans, are also important for a party.
"How the Parliamentary Board is constituted is the prerogative of the president of the party. This is the convention. But the organisation matters. In place of veterans, they have chosen new faces and these new faces are also important in the party," he said.
Veteran BJP leader C P Thakur said it could be the "process of change".
This is the party's decision on which he will not comment, he said.
"The party will keep on changing. It might be that process of change," he said.
- Rate Cut Possible Only If Inflation Eases: Rajan
- Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa Conferred Khel Ratna Along With Jitu Rai
- Curfew Lifted in Kashmir After 51 Days of Lockdown
- SC Pulls Up Azam Khan for Calling Bulandshahr Gangrape a 'Political Conspiracy'
- Submarine Data Leak Being Viewed 'Very Seriously': Navy chief
- Usain Bolt Won Nine Olympic Golds Because Of Beef: BJP MP
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- John Kerry Samples Delhi Traffic, Gets Stuck in Jam Due to Waterlogging
- EC Notice to Maharashtra BJP, 7 Other Parties for Not Filing Tax Returns
- Govt Defers Mega Spectrum Auction by 2 Days to Oct 1
- Chinese Official Media Slams PM Modi for Balochistan Remarks
- Chopper Scam: Middleman Ready to Meet Indian Cops in Dubai
- Brussels Crime Lab Attacked to 'Destroy Evidence'
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED