BJP Criticises Omar for Questioning Centre's Decision to Call Off Talks With Pak
BJP in Kashmir today hit out at Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for questioning the Centre's decision to call off the talks with Pakistan.
"Omar is playing to the galleries ahead of the assembly elections. He knows his report card on the performance front is zero. He is indulging in rhetoric to gain sympathy," spokesman of BJP's Kashmir unit Khalid Jehangir said in a statement.
Jehangir said the Chief Minister should focus on local issues rather than "poking his nose" in the foreign policy of the country.
"Omar is raising non-issues to divert the attention of people from his dismal performance as the Chief Minister," he alleged.
The spokesman claimed Omar was trying to appease separatists ahead of polls to get political mileage.
"The new government led by (Prime Minister) Narendra Modi took a bold decision by calling off the talks with Pakistan and everyone has appreciated it," he said.
Criticising Omar for describing BJP's slogan of 44 plus as a "Bollywood glitz", Jehangir said "BJP is emerging as a strong alternative for the people in Jammu and Kashmir. The Party's growing popularity and increasing influence in Kashmir has unnerved Omar."
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- DU Professor Injured in Violence Hospitalised
- Fire Breaks Out At The Times Of India Building In New Delhi
- Kerala CM Retracts His Remark Denying Conspiracy in Assault on Actress
- Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Amidst Tiff With Media
- Pakistan Rangers Kill 4, Detain Over 600 Terror Suspects In 200 Search Operations
- Maharashtra: Nearly 350 Students In Custody,18 Others Arrested After Army Recruitment Board Papers Leaked
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan