BJP Cancels 'Love Jihad' Off Its Resolution
After breathing fire over 'love jihad', BJP today dropped mention of it in the party's political resolution but continued to rake up the issue of alleged crime by men of minority community against Hindu women as part of efforts to consolidate its vote bank ahead of assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh.
The political resolution passed at the party's two-day state executive meet made no direct reference to 'love jihad' (marriage between a Muslim man and a Hindu woman), but wondered, "Is it just a coincidence or a design behind atrocities against women of a particular community and perpetrated by those belonging to a particular community?"
BJP accused the Samajwadi Party government of shielding crime by men belonging to a particular caste and religion against women belonging to a particular community without using the word 'Hindu'.
It also sought to rake up communal issue by saying the state government was openly protecting those involved in animal slaughter.
State party chief Laxmikant Bajpai had in his inaugural address yesterday asked youths to be vigilant on the issue of 'love jihad', questioning whether men of the minority community have got the licence to convert and rape women of majority community.
However, interestingly, the political resolution passed today did not have any reference to 'love jihad'.
When asked why the resolution was silent on 'love jihad', Bajpai said, "It was not on the agenda, so there is no question of having it in the resolution."
After its grand performance in the Lok Sabha elections in the state, where it bagged 71 of the 80 seats, BJP asked its workers to strengthen the organisation from the booth level so that it can come to power in the state with thumping majority.
It asked partymen to launch a people's movement against "complete anarchy and lawlessness" and oppose "communal appeasement and crumbling law and order".
- CBI Court Grants Bail to Advani, Joshi And Uma Bharti
- Rai To Meet Kohli, Kumble To Resolve Issues Around Coach's Appointment
- Bilkis Bano Rape Case: SC Refuses to Hear Plea of Convicted IPS Officer Bhagora
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10