BJP Cancels 'Love Jihad' Off Its Resolution
After breathing fire over 'love jihad', BJP today dropped mention of it in the party's political resolution but continued to rake up the issue of alleged crime by men of minority community against Hindu women as part of efforts to consolidate its vote bank ahead of assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh.
The political resolution passed at the party's two-day state executive meet made no direct reference to 'love jihad' (marriage between a Muslim man and a Hindu woman), but wondered, "Is it just a coincidence or a design behind atrocities against women of a particular community and perpetrated by those belonging to a particular community?"
BJP accused the Samajwadi Party government of shielding crime by men belonging to a particular caste and religion against women belonging to a particular community without using the word 'Hindu'.
It also sought to rake up communal issue by saying the state government was openly protecting those involved in animal slaughter.
State party chief Laxmikant Bajpai had in his inaugural address yesterday asked youths to be vigilant on the issue of 'love jihad', questioning whether men of the minority community have got the licence to convert and rape women of majority community.
However, interestingly, the political resolution passed today did not have any reference to 'love jihad'.
When asked why the resolution was silent on 'love jihad', Bajpai said, "It was not on the agenda, so there is no question of having it in the resolution."
After its grand performance in the Lok Sabha elections in the state, where it bagged 71 of the 80 seats, BJP asked its workers to strengthen the organisation from the booth level so that it can come to power in the state with thumping majority.
It asked partymen to launch a people's movement against "complete anarchy and lawlessness" and oppose "communal appeasement and crumbling law and order".
- Devas Antrix Deal: India Loses Case, May Have to Pay a Billion Dollars for Pull Out
- Coal Scam: Court Convicts RSPL, Three Officials
- Four Militants Killed, Another Apprehended in Kupwara
- Flipkart Acquires Jabong From Global Fashion Group
- Japan: 19 Killed in Knife Attack at a Care Centre for the Disabled
- Nine Suspected Islamist Militants Killed, One Arrested in Dhaka Raid
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: PM Hails Sacrifices of Indian Soldiers
- Jallikattu Can't Be Justified Just Because It's Old: Supreme Court
- Trade Unions Boycott EPFO Trustees' Meet
- Teenaged Girl Becomes First Victim of Dengue in Delhi in 2016
- Opposition Alleges Use of Coercion, Threats in RS Polls in Jharkhand
- Chinar Corps Becomes First Army Formation to Get 3G Network
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED