Birender Singh Meets Shah Amid Speculation of Joining BJP
On a day when Haryana Power Minister Ajay Yadav quit the Hooda government, senior party leader from the state Birender Singh today held a closed-door meeting with BJP President Amit Shah here, amid speculation that he may join the ruling party ahead of Assembly elections.
The meeting was brief and was held at a local hotel after Shah chaired a meeting of state party leaders at Gujarat Bhawan.
Birender Singh is keen to join the BJP after he openly revolted against Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda and refused to contest the upcoming state Assembly elections under his leadership.
The Congress has already said that the forthcoming Assembly elections will be contested under Hooda's leadership.
Singh, who has been Hooda's bete noire is against the projection of Hooda and is now looking at various options for himself after his public outburst against the chief minister.
BJP, which is in alliance with Haryana Janhit Congress headed by former Chief Minister Bhajan Lal's son Kuldeep Bishnoi, is keen to contest the upcoming Assembly polls alone but has not taken any final decision yet.
The relations between BJP and HJC are under strain over Bishnoi's insistence on projecting him as the chief ministerial candidate of the proposed alliance, which BJP is not in favour of.
Bishnoi has also announced some of his candidates without consulting his alliance partner.
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Narada Journalists Threaten Hunger Strike Over Dues
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10