Birender Singh Meets Shah Amid Speculation of Joining BJP
On a day when Haryana Power Minister Ajay Yadav quit the Hooda government, senior party leader from the state Birender Singh today held a closed-door meeting with BJP President Amit Shah here, amid speculation that he may join the ruling party ahead of Assembly elections.
The meeting was brief and was held at a local hotel after Shah chaired a meeting of state party leaders at Gujarat Bhawan.
Birender Singh is keen to join the BJP after he openly revolted against Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda and refused to contest the upcoming state Assembly elections under his leadership.
The Congress has already said that the forthcoming Assembly elections will be contested under Hooda's leadership.
Singh, who has been Hooda's bete noire is against the projection of Hooda and is now looking at various options for himself after his public outburst against the chief minister.
BJP, which is in alliance with Haryana Janhit Congress headed by former Chief Minister Bhajan Lal's son Kuldeep Bishnoi, is keen to contest the upcoming Assembly polls alone but has not taken any final decision yet.
The relations between BJP and HJC are under strain over Bishnoi's insistence on projecting him as the chief ministerial candidate of the proposed alliance, which BJP is not in favour of.
Bishnoi has also announced some of his candidates without consulting his alliance partner.
- Muslim Women Beaten Up by Gau Rakshaks in MP, Uproar in RS
- Curfew Reimposed in Parts of Kashmir
- T. M. Krishna, Bezwada Wilson Win Magsaysay Award
- Narsingh Replaced by Rana, Scandal Reaches Police
- Modi's Silence on Dalit Assault Devaluation of PM's Post: Cong
- Clinton Becomes First Woman Prez Nominee, Says Glass Ceiling Cracked
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Security Intensified Along Mizoram-Bangladesh Border
- BJP MP Seeks Central Intervention in UP
- Salman Acquittal: Key Witness in Poaching Case Says He Wasn't Summoned Deliberately
- WB Seeks GI Tag Only on Bengal Rasogolla, no Conflict With Odisha
- Car Bomb in Northern Syria Kills One, Wounds 50: Syrian TV
- Turkey Orders 47 Newspaper Journalists, Executives Detained
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED