Bihar Minister's Son Who Attempted Suicide Was Being Ragged: Police
Police here today said Adarsh Kumar, son of Bihar Cooperatives Minister Jai Kumar Singh, apparently tried to kill himself following alleged harassment by three senior boys at the prestigious Scindia School here.
Police recorded the statements of three senior boys of the school and "after recording the statements of three senior boys who belong to influential families, we found out that Adarsh made attempt to commit suicide as the trio used to harass him by asking him to do menial jobs," Additional Superintendent of Police Mohammad Yusuf Qureshi said.
Police have seized a bed-sheet and a ceiling fan in the veranda in front of Adarsh's hostel room. He allegedly tried to hang himself from the fan using the sheet but his feet touched the floor and the fan got unstuck from ceiling, which saved his life, Qureshi said.
The trio allegedly forced him to sweep the floor and to stand in `hen's position' sometimes. They also allegedly beat him up sometimes, police said.
Gwalior District Collector and Senior Superintendent of Police have ordered separate probes.
Fourteen-year-old Adarsh was found in a semi-conscious state in his room on August 20. He was taken to a private hospital for treatment and when his condition deteriorated, he was shifted to New Delhi's Apollo Hospital.
Taking serious cognisance of the matter, District Collector P Narhari ordered a probe to be conducted by Sub Divisional Magistrate S Saxena.
SSP Santosh Kumar Singh also ordered ASP Qureshi to separately conduct an inquiry, especially into the ragging aspect.
- Govt Plans to Further Liberalize Visa Regime to Boost Tourism: Swaraj
- Teesta Setalvad Liable for Mixing Religion With Politics: HRD Panel
- SP Appears on Brink of Split as CM Sacks Shivpal, Mulayam Expels Ramgopal
- Now, Adult Film Star Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- BSF Jawan Gurnam Singh Injured in Pak Attack Succumbs to Injuries
- ADHM Row: Army Upset Over Being Dragged Into Film Politics, Rejects Forced Donation
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Kabaddi Player Rohit Kumar Sent to Judicial Custody in Wife's Suicide Case
- Not Just a Business Partner, But an Ally Who Stood By India in its Darkest Hours: Russia
- Two Explosions Hit Japanese City in Suspected Suicide Bombing, One Killed
- My Removal From Govt an Attempt to Weaken SP Leadership: Shivpal
- Reports Say Queen Elizabeth Faces Massive Post-Brexit Losses
- Rajnath Singh Leaves for Three-Day Visit to Bahrain, to Raise Pak Issue
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- BJP Wants To Make India a Hindu Rashtra, Owaisi Attacks PM for His 'Jai Shri Ram' Greeting
- Injected With Petrol Into Their Private Parts, UP Teenagers Still Await Surgery
- Scenes With Ranbir in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Not Frivolous Sensuality: Aishwarya
- Muslim Woman Refuses to Accept Triple Talaq Notice by Husband
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'