Bihar: Girl Allegedly Abducted, Forcibly Converted to Islam
An incident of a minor girl allegedly forced to embrace Islam after being abducted and married has come to light in the Bhagalpur district of Bihar.
Bhagalpur SSP Vivek Kumar said, "We have sent Kahalgaon ASP Neeraj Kumar Singh to investigate the matter."
Police officers said quoting an FIR lodged by Krishna Sinha, mother of 17-year-old Sonu Rani, a class XI student, at the Sanokhar police station on May 11 that Rani had gone to her ancestral village Dhuwabe in Bhagalpur district to attend a ceremony on April 30.
There she was abducted by four boys and taken to Patna, New Delhi and then back to Bhagalpur where one of the boys Monty married her, police said quoting the FIR.
The girl was rescued by the police on May 24. According to the FIR, Rani escaped from the house where Monty's family lives and told her mother that Monty had lied to her about his religion and that she was forcibly converted after being beaten up and tortured.
She was also threatened that she would be sold in a red light area and her family members would be killed, police said.
Vivek Kumar said, "The girl during her statement in the court under Section 164 of the Criminal Procedure Code, had said she had gone with the boy on her own." Kumar said that the boy being a minor was sent to a remand home.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman