Bihar Floods Claim 10 Lives, Rivers Show Receding Trend
One more person died in floods in Patna district, taking the toll due to inundation in Bihar to 10 even as major rivers today showed receding trend.
One person drowned in the flood water in the Ghoswari block of rural Patna last night, Joint Secretary in Disaster Management Department (DMD) Sunil Kumar said.
So far 10 people have lost their lives due to the floods in the state although all major rivers were showing receding trend this morning, he said.
The Commandant of 9 NDRF Battalion Vijay Sinha also said that except for Bagmati in Muzaffarpur, water in major rivers had started coming down.
The DMD joint secretary said that flood water came on NH 30 at Belchi in Patna district.
The relief and evacuation work continued in 13 districts under floods in Bihar, the DMD and the NDRF officials said.
Kumar said that a total 13,111 people had been evacuated and put up in 76 relief camps in various places so far.
He said about 11 lakh people particularly in north Bihar had been affected by the floods in Bihar.
Sinha said that more than 600 personnel were engaged in evacuation and relief work in marooned areas.
Besides, 8 battalion of NDRF from Bihta, headquarters of the force in Bihar, four battalions had come from West Bengal to help the flood-hit people, he said.
The flood-hit districts are Patna, Gopalganj, East Champaran, Sheikhpura, Darbhanga, Nalanda, West Champaran, Supaul, Saharasa, Nawada, Sitamarhi, Khagaria and Muzaffarpur.
- Telangana CM Offers Gold Moustache To Temple
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- After Ornaments, Telangana CM Now Offers Gold Moustache At Another Temple
- Business Models Of E-Tailers Running Out Of Steam, Haven't Worked, Says Mohandas Pai
- Demonetisation Sucked in Cash Like Vacuum Cleaner, Adversely Affected Consumption: IMF Official
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman