Bihar Floods Claim 10 Lives, Rivers Show Receding Trend
One more person died in floods in Patna district, taking the toll due to inundation in Bihar to 10 even as major rivers today showed receding trend.
One person drowned in the flood water in the Ghoswari block of rural Patna last night, Joint Secretary in Disaster Management Department (DMD) Sunil Kumar said.
So far 10 people have lost their lives due to the floods in the state although all major rivers were showing receding trend this morning, he said.
The Commandant of 9 NDRF Battalion Vijay Sinha also said that except for Bagmati in Muzaffarpur, water in major rivers had started coming down.
The DMD joint secretary said that flood water came on NH 30 at Belchi in Patna district.
The relief and evacuation work continued in 13 districts under floods in Bihar, the DMD and the NDRF officials said.
Kumar said that a total 13,111 people had been evacuated and put up in 76 relief camps in various places so far.
He said about 11 lakh people particularly in north Bihar had been affected by the floods in Bihar.
Sinha said that more than 600 personnel were engaged in evacuation and relief work in marooned areas.
Besides, 8 battalion of NDRF from Bihta, headquarters of the force in Bihar, four battalions had come from West Bengal to help the flood-hit people, he said.
The flood-hit districts are Patna, Gopalganj, East Champaran, Sheikhpura, Darbhanga, Nalanda, West Champaran, Supaul, Saharasa, Nawada, Sitamarhi, Khagaria and Muzaffarpur.
FROM OUTLOOKCover StoryFor many, the worst may well be over. For several others, however, this may just be the beginning...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBMumbai MusingsBefore one could celebrate the strong and satisfacmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESItanagar, July 23 (PTI) Flood situation in Arunachmore from WIRES>>>
- Nationalism is the Identity of BJP: Narendra Modi
- IITs to Admit Non-Resident Students
- Pakistan-Not-Hell Remark Lands Kannada Actor in Sedition Net?
- Gujarat: 50 Cong MLAs Suspended From Assembly, Ruckus Over Una Incident
- Toxic Gas Leak at B'desh Fertiliser Unit Sickens 250, Plugged
- Opposition MLAs Marshaled Out, Pandemonium in UP Assembly
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- Delhi: Fire Triggers Building Collapse, 250 Bikes Gutted
- Upset Over SC Curb on Dahi Handi, Record-Holding Mandal to Return Award
- Surat: Two Dead, One Suffers Partial Sight Loss After Consuming Hooch
- BJP Interfering in Federal Structure, TMC Complains to President
- Cow is Mother of Not Only Hindus But Also of Muslims: Swaroopanand
- South Africa, New Zealand Test Drawn After Match Abandoned
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED