Bihar Floods Claim 10 Lives, Rivers Show Receding Trend
One more person died in floods in Patna district, taking the toll due to inundation in Bihar to 10 even as major rivers today showed receding trend.
One person drowned in the flood water in the Ghoswari block of rural Patna last night, Joint Secretary in Disaster Management Department (DMD) Sunil Kumar said.
So far 10 people have lost their lives due to the floods in the state although all major rivers were showing receding trend this morning, he said.
The Commandant of 9 NDRF Battalion Vijay Sinha also said that except for Bagmati in Muzaffarpur, water in major rivers had started coming down.
The DMD joint secretary said that flood water came on NH 30 at Belchi in Patna district.
The relief and evacuation work continued in 13 districts under floods in Bihar, the DMD and the NDRF officials said.
Kumar said that a total 13,111 people had been evacuated and put up in 76 relief camps in various places so far.
He said about 11 lakh people particularly in north Bihar had been affected by the floods in Bihar.
Sinha said that more than 600 personnel were engaged in evacuation and relief work in marooned areas.
Besides, 8 battalion of NDRF from Bihta, headquarters of the force in Bihar, four battalions had come from West Bengal to help the flood-hit people, he said.
The flood-hit districts are Patna, Gopalganj, East Champaran, Sheikhpura, Darbhanga, Nalanda, West Champaran, Supaul, Saharasa, Nawada, Sitamarhi, Khagaria and Muzaffarpur.
FROM OUTLOOKCover StoryFor many, the worst may well be over. For several others, however, this may just be the beginning...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBReportageDebt trapped Vijesh Chaturvedi of Rewa district inmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESItanagar, July 23 (PTI) Flood situation in Arunachmore from WIRES>>>
- PM Should Also be Suspended for 'Inviting ISI to Pathankot': Mann
- Patient Shoots Doctor at Berlin Hospital, Kills Self: Police
- Irom Sharmila to Call Off Hunger Strike After 16 Years
- Devas-Antrix Deal: India Loses Arbitration Case at the Hague
- Four Militants Killed, Another Apprehended in Kupwara
- Flipkart Acquires Jabong From Global Fashion Group
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- 'Pained' by Una Episode, Many Dalits Plan to Embrace Buddhism
- British PM May Calls Sharif to Discuss Ties
- Child Labour Bill a Missed Opportunity for Children: Satyarthi
- Govt Holds Meet With RSS Affiliates Over Key Economic Issues
- HC Seeks Centre's Report on Use of Pellet Guns in Kashmir
- Psychological Warfare on Social Media Our New Threat: Rathore
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED