Bihar: 16 Students Fall Ill After Consuming Mid-Day Meal
Sixteen students of a government school were taken ill after consuming mid-day meal in which a lizard was found at Bahtarwa Raghopur village under Kharikh police station area in Bihar's Bhagalpur district today, an official said.
The students complained of dizziness after consuming the meal in the government high school and were immediately attended by a medical team, Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Akhilesh Kumar said.
During a preliminary probe, it was found that a lizard had fallen in the meal while it was being cooked, he said.
Kumar said district education officer Suryadev Paswan had been directed to suspend the school principal and the block resource person responsible for providing meals to the students.
The SDO said he has also directed for lodging an FIR against the cook for negligence. Kumar said he would also serve show-cause notices to the principal and other accused persons in this connection.
- Major Who Tied Civilian To Army Jeep, Awarded
- Indian Cabbie Abused And Assaulted In Australia
- Rawal Wants Arundhati Roy Tied To Army Jeep Instead Of Stone-Pelters
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10