Bihar: 16 Students Fall Ill After Consuming Mid-Day Meal
Sixteen students of a government school were taken ill after consuming mid-day meal in which a lizard was found at Bahtarwa Raghopur village under Kharikh police station area in Bihar's Bhagalpur district today, an official said.
The students complained of dizziness after consuming the meal in the government high school and were immediately attended by a medical team, Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Akhilesh Kumar said.
During a preliminary probe, it was found that a lizard had fallen in the meal while it was being cooked, he said.
Kumar said district education officer Suryadev Paswan had been directed to suspend the school principal and the block resource person responsible for providing meals to the students.
The SDO said he has also directed for lodging an FIR against the cook for negligence. Kumar said he would also serve show-cause notices to the principal and other accused persons in this connection.
- Nepal in Fresh Political Turmoil as PM Oli Resigns
- Want Emotional Relationship With People of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Delhi and Gujarat Will Fight Together Against BJP: Kejriwal
- US Court Overturns Indian-Origin Woman's Foeticide Conviction
- No Clue of Missing IAF Plane, Satellite Imagery Sought
- Wrestler Narsingh Fails Dope Test, Rio Participation Doubtful
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Rain Checks India's March on Day Four, WI Trail by 247 Runs
- Assam: Five Poachers Held, Rhino Horn Recovered
- Indian-Origin Labour MP Files Complaint Against Corbyn's Aide
- UK MP Alok Sharma Picks India for First Visit as Post-Brexit Minister
- AAP Leadership Incompetent, Stands Exposed: BJP After MLA's Arrest
- Judith D'Souza Returns to Kolkata After Being Rescued in Kabul
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED