Bhushan Steel Independent Director V.K. Mehrotra Resigns
Independent non-executive director on the Board of Bhushan Steel V K Mehrotra has resigned from the company citing "falling health".
This is the first resignation from the 11-member Board of the steel maker after its Vice Chairman and Managing Director was arrested by CBI in an alleged loan-for-bribe scam.
"V K Mehrotra, non-executive director of the company, has resigned from the Board of the company due to falling health," Bhushan Steel said informed the BSE today.
With around 40 years of experience in banking industry, Mehrotra worked with various banks including State Bank of India as Deputy Managing Director.
A consortium of bankers that has around Rs 40,000 crore exposure to the company decided last week to appoint three nominee directors on Bhushan Steel's Board representing the lenders.
They also ordered a forensic audit into the books of account of the company among others cracking a whip on the cash-starved steel maker.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10