Bhagwat's 'Hindu' Remarks his Personal View: Michael Lobo
Senior Goa BJP leader Michael Lobo has said that RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat's controversial remarks that India is a Hindu nation were his personal opinion and feels the Centre does not endorse them.
"I don't think the Government of India led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi ji, has consented to that," Lobo told reporters here last evening on the sidelines of the State Legislative Assembly session.
Lobo is BJP's North Goa unit President and represents Calangute constituency, which is a tourist hub.
The BJP leader said, "Whatever he (Bhagwat) expressed is his personal opinion. You cannot attribute it as motive of the union government."
The RSS Chief on Sunday had said, "Hindustan is a Hindu nation...Hindutva is the identity of our nation and it (Hinduism) can incorporate others (religions) in itself."
Earlier, Goa State Legislative Assembly had witnessed a controversy when Co-operation Minister Dipak Dhavalikar had said that India would be developed as a Hindu nation under the leadership of Modi.
Dhavalikar;s statement had evoked strong reaction and Opposition benches had walked out from the House demanding explanation from the minister.
- Congress Derails RS Proceedings Over Private Member Bill on AP
- Supreme Court Allows Abortion of 24-Week Old Foetus
- Two Dead, 17 Wounded at Florida Nightclub Shooting
- SC Notice to Vijay Mallya on Petition of Consortium of Banks
- Sidhu Blasts BJP, Doesn't Say If He Is Joining AAP
- Chinkara Case: Rajasthan High Court Acquits Salman Khan
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Govt Trying to Pass GST Bill This Session: Meghwal
- British PM Rules Out Post-Brexit Irish Border Control
- Ahmednagar Rape Case: Women Try to Attack Two Accused in Court
- Women Can Join and Serve in Territorial Army: Centre to HC
- Panama Papers: SC Seeks Centre, RBI's Response in Four Weeks
- Complaint Against JD(U) MLA for Demanding Rs 20 Lakh
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED