Bhagwat's 'Hindu' Remarks his Personal View: Michael Lobo
Senior Goa BJP leader Michael Lobo has said that RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat's controversial remarks that India is a Hindu nation were his personal opinion and feels the Centre does not endorse them.
"I don't think the Government of India led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi ji, has consented to that," Lobo told reporters here last evening on the sidelines of the State Legislative Assembly session.
Lobo is BJP's North Goa unit President and represents Calangute constituency, which is a tourist hub.
The BJP leader said, "Whatever he (Bhagwat) expressed is his personal opinion. You cannot attribute it as motive of the union government."
The RSS Chief on Sunday had said, "Hindustan is a Hindu nation...Hindutva is the identity of our nation and it (Hinduism) can incorporate others (religions) in itself."
Earlier, Goa State Legislative Assembly had witnessed a controversy when Co-operation Minister Dipak Dhavalikar had said that India would be developed as a Hindu nation under the leadership of Modi.
Dhavalikar;s statement had evoked strong reaction and Opposition benches had walked out from the House demanding explanation from the minister.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Hafiz Saeed A Serious Threat To Nation: Pak's Defence Minister
- CBI Searches Former Chief A.P. Singh's Residence
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- CBI Arrests IRS Officer For Bribery In IPL-Betting Scam
- Cong Promises to Strive for Removal of AFSPA If Voted Back to Power
- Indefinite Bandh Called Off In Nagaland
- At Least 6 Killed, 14 Injured In Suicide Blast Outside Pakistan Court
- Trump Picks Lt Gen McMaster As New National Security Advisor
- BSF Foils Infiltration Bid Along LoC, Militant Killed
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Wary Of Indian Space-Tech, China Plans On Fast-Tracking Its Rocket Launches
- 'He Would Put His Fingers Inside Me, Move My Leg Around': US Gymnasts Accuse Former Team Doctor
- Stockholm-Based Think-Tank Says India Was The World's Largest Arms Importer In The Past Five Years
- Woman Allegedly Raped Near South Delhi's Hauz Khas Village