Being Subjected to a Media Trial: Virbhadra Singh
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh today alleged that he and his family members are being subjected to a "malicious media trial" through "false" and "baseless" stories about their income tax matters.
"It appears that some vested interests and political opponents are running biased personal investigations into the matters of my family and behaving like reckless complainants, prosecutors and judges unto themselves," Singh said in a statement issued here today.
"It is surprising that some people are claiming access to the ongoing internal proceedings and classified documents of the Income Tax Department and in case it is true, it is against norms of secrecy and governance," he said.
He said the matters pertaining to their Income Tax Returns are sub-judice and being looked into by the Income Tax authorities.
"It appears that these people have no faith in the judiciary and the process of law and have lost patience to wait for the outcome of the investigations being conducted by the Central agencies," he said.
The Chief Minister said "unnecessary hype" is being created in the media by "suppressing, fabricating and distorting" facts to malign his image and influence the ongoing proceedings in the matter.
He said unlike his detractors, he has full faith in the rule of law and was always ready and willing to subject himself to the process of law.
FROM OUTLOOKPressThe Hindujas may have established a cable distribution network, but the dream of owning a journal continues to...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionThere is quite an understandable outrage at the gomore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, Jul 23 (PTI) After their successful formore from WIRES>>>
- Ahead of Diwali, Govt Approves 2 Per Cent Hike in DA
- Need to Have a Relook on the Minority Tag Given to Muslims: Giriraj Singh
- Pakistan Condemns 'Manhandling' Of Staffer, Says Espionage Charges False
- No Regulation of Media in a Democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pak High Commission Staffer Asked to Leave India Within 48 Hrs
- SC Defers Hearing of Election Petition Against Sonia Gandhi
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Libya's Navy Says 90 Migrants Perished After Boat Fell Apart
- Ready to Sacrifice Myself for the Party: Amar Singh
- Neither Bua Nor Bhatija Can Improve Law and Order in UP: Amit Shah
- Pak Not to Attend Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster
- Twitter to Cut 9 Per Cent of Staff, Plots New Growth Strategy
- Ceasefire Violations, If Continues, Will Not Go Unpunished: Sharif Warns India
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED