Being Subjected to a Media Trial: Virbhadra Singh
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh today alleged that he and his family members are being subjected to a "malicious media trial" through "false" and "baseless" stories about their income tax matters.
"It appears that some vested interests and political opponents are running biased personal investigations into the matters of my family and behaving like reckless complainants, prosecutors and judges unto themselves," Singh said in a statement issued here today.
"It is surprising that some people are claiming access to the ongoing internal proceedings and classified documents of the Income Tax Department and in case it is true, it is against norms of secrecy and governance," he said.
He said the matters pertaining to their Income Tax Returns are sub-judice and being looked into by the Income Tax authorities.
"It appears that these people have no faith in the judiciary and the process of law and have lost patience to wait for the outcome of the investigations being conducted by the Central agencies," he said.
The Chief Minister said "unnecessary hype" is being created in the media by "suppressing, fabricating and distorting" facts to malign his image and influence the ongoing proceedings in the matter.
He said unlike his detractors, he has full faith in the rule of law and was always ready and willing to subject himself to the process of law.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman