Being Subjected to a Media Trial: Virbhadra Singh
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh today alleged that he and his family members are being subjected to a "malicious media trial" through "false" and "baseless" stories about their income tax matters.
"It appears that some vested interests and political opponents are running biased personal investigations into the matters of my family and behaving like reckless complainants, prosecutors and judges unto themselves," Singh said in a statement issued here today.
"It is surprising that some people are claiming access to the ongoing internal proceedings and classified documents of the Income Tax Department and in case it is true, it is against norms of secrecy and governance," he said.
He said the matters pertaining to their Income Tax Returns are sub-judice and being looked into by the Income Tax authorities.
"It appears that these people have no faith in the judiciary and the process of law and have lost patience to wait for the outcome of the investigations being conducted by the Central agencies," he said.
The Chief Minister said "unnecessary hype" is being created in the media by "suppressing, fabricating and distorting" facts to malign his image and influence the ongoing proceedings in the matter.
He said unlike his detractors, he has full faith in the rule of law and was always ready and willing to subject himself to the process of law.
FROM OUTLOOKPressThe Hindujas may have established a cable distribution network, but the dream of owning a journal continues to...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBDiaryCall it Russophobia or an urge to report a sensatimore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, Jul 23 (PTI) After their successful formore from WIRES>>>
- Herald Case: Notice Issued to Sonia, Rahul on Swamy's Petition
- WB: Two Die as Fire Breaks Out in Murshidabad Hospital
- PM Trying to Reverse AAP Govt's Decisions Through LG: Kejriwal
- Give Me One Chance: Mehbooba Appeals to Protesters
- Dhaka Cafe Attack 'Mastermind', 2 Others Killed in Encounter
- Nude Monk Delivers 'Kadve Vachan' in Haryana Assembly
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Chhotepur Rejects Panel, Dares AAP to Make Bribe Video Public
- Woman Raped, Attacked With Acid in Kanpur
- Universities Should Be Bastions of Free Speech, Debate: Prez
- WB: Flood Situation Worsens in Malda, 2 Killed
- Malaysian Students Rally to Demand Prime Minister's Arrest
- Sharif Sends 22 Special Envoys to World Capitals to Highlight Kashmir Issue
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED