Bangalore: Eight-Yr-Old Allegedly Harassed by Teacher
In yet another shocking incident at a school, an eight year-old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted by her 63 year-old teacher inside its premises near here.
Both the teacher and the principal have been arrested, a senior police official said.
The incident comes barely a month after alleged gang-rape of a six-year old girl at a high-profile school here that evoked public outrage.
The latest incident in Talaghattapura police limits was reported to have taken place over a period of time with the teacher taking the girl to a place on the first floor of the school and abusing her physically, a senior police official said.
The teacher is a friend of the school Principal and had started working post retirement, Ramanagara Superintendent of Police Anupam Agarwal told PTI.
Agarwal said that on getting to know about the incident, parents approached the school today but the Principal refused to co-operate after which they informed the police.
A case has been booked under Section 8 (Sexual Assault) and 21 (relating to failure to report the offence) under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO), he said.
In the Vibgyor High School incident, the six-year old girl was allegedly gang raped on July 2, twelve days after which a complaint was lodged with the police who have arrested two gymnastic instructors, besides the school Founder-Chairman and skating instructor.
The incident that saw public erupt in anger on the streets led to police issuing stringent guidelines to schools to ensure safety of children and the government amending the Goonda Act to bring sexual offences under its ambit.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- PM Modi Unveils 112 Feet Shiva Statue In Coimbatore
- Crime Branch Begins Probe On ABVP AISA Clash At Ramjas College
- 'Do We Belong Here?' Asks Wife Of Indian Techie Who Was Shot Dead In US
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman