Bangalore: Eight-Yr-Old Allegedly Harassed by Teacher
In yet another shocking incident at a school, an eight year-old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted by her 63 year-old teacher inside its premises near here.
Both the teacher and the principal have been arrested, a senior police official said.
The incident comes barely a month after alleged gang-rape of a six-year old girl at a high-profile school here that evoked public outrage.
The latest incident in Talaghattapura police limits was reported to have taken place over a period of time with the teacher taking the girl to a place on the first floor of the school and abusing her physically, a senior police official said.
The teacher is a friend of the school Principal and had started working post retirement, Ramanagara Superintendent of Police Anupam Agarwal told PTI.
Agarwal said that on getting to know about the incident, parents approached the school today but the Principal refused to co-operate after which they informed the police.
A case has been booked under Section 8 (Sexual Assault) and 21 (relating to failure to report the offence) under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO), he said.
In the Vibgyor High School incident, the six-year old girl was allegedly gang raped on July 2, twelve days after which a complaint was lodged with the police who have arrested two gymnastic instructors, besides the school Founder-Chairman and skating instructor.
The incident that saw public erupt in anger on the streets led to police issuing stringent guidelines to schools to ensure safety of children and the government amending the Goonda Act to bring sexual offences under its ambit.
FROM OUTLOOKCrimeA series of shocking crimes that began the year seal Delhi's reputation as an anti-woman city...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionIn 2013, Ms. Flavia Agnes, feminist legal scholarmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESA 24-year-old MBA student was kidnapped and allegmore from WIRES>>>
- Indian Army Launched Surgical Strikes in PoK
- PM Chairs CCS Meeting to Review Situation Along LoC
- Meeting on Most Favoured Nation Status to Pakistan Postponed
- Ceasefire Violations Along LoC in Naugam Sector, Poonch
- CBSE Likely to Make Class 10 Board Exams Compulsory From 2018
- Three Injured in Shooting at Elementary School in US, Suspect in Custody: Police
- Denzel Washington's 'FENCES' Trailer Promises Oscar Contenders
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Cauvery Impasse: No Breakthrough at Meet Convened by Centre
- Clear Response Given by Targeting Terror Breeding Centres: Shah
- Scarlett Keeling Case: Mother Writes to PM, Seeks Reinvestigation By SIT
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Four CMs, Opposition Leaders on Army Strike
- Congress, AAP Congratulate Army on Anti-Terror Surgical Strikes
- Surgical Strike: 7 Terror Launch Pads Targeted, Heliborne, Ground Forces Used
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED