Bangalore: Eight-Yr-Old Allegedly Harassed by Teacher
In yet another shocking incident at a school, an eight year-old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted by her 63 year-old teacher inside its premises near here.
Both the teacher and the principal have been arrested, a senior police official said.
The incident comes barely a month after alleged gang-rape of a six-year old girl at a high-profile school here that evoked public outrage.
The latest incident in Talaghattapura police limits was reported to have taken place over a period of time with the teacher taking the girl to a place on the first floor of the school and abusing her physically, a senior police official said.
The teacher is a friend of the school Principal and had started working post retirement, Ramanagara Superintendent of Police Anupam Agarwal told PTI.
Agarwal said that on getting to know about the incident, parents approached the school today but the Principal refused to co-operate after which they informed the police.
A case has been booked under Section 8 (Sexual Assault) and 21 (relating to failure to report the offence) under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO), he said.
In the Vibgyor High School incident, the six-year old girl was allegedly gang raped on July 2, twelve days after which a complaint was lodged with the police who have arrested two gymnastic instructors, besides the school Founder-Chairman and skating instructor.
The incident that saw public erupt in anger on the streets led to police issuing stringent guidelines to schools to ensure safety of children and the government amending the Goonda Act to bring sexual offences under its ambit.
FROM OUTLOOKCrimeA series of shocking crimes that began the year seal Delhi's reputation as an anti-woman city...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionWhen I first came to Goa 25-plus years ago, one ofmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESA 24-year-old MBA student was kidnapped and allegmore from WIRES>>>
- Congress Derails RS Proceedings Over Private Member Bill on AP
- Supreme Court Allows Abortion of 24-Week Old Foetus
- Two Killed, 17 Injured in Florida Nightclub Shooting Rampage
- SC Notice to Vijay Mallya on Petition of Consortium of Banks
- Sidhu Blasts BJP, Doesn't Say If He Is Joining AAP
- Chinkara Case: Rajasthan High Court Acquits Salman Khan
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Assam: UPLA Chief Nikunja Kathar Arrested
- Una Incident: Dalit Writer From Gujarat to Return His Award
- Pranab Da Guided Me Like a Guardian: Modi
- Transport Employees Launch Indefinite Strike in Karnataka
- Army Arrests Wanted Terrorist in Assam
- UNSC Mandates Must Recognise Ground Realities: India
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED