Badaun: Victims' Graves Under Seven Feet of Water
With the Ganga flowing in spate and the water level likely to increase further, the CBI's plan to exhume the bodies of two Badaun rape and murder victims for a second autopsy may prove difficult to carry out.
"The graves are under about seven feet of water and the red flag put up to identify the burial place has been washed away," executive engineer of Badaun's Flood Division D K Jain said here today.
Jain said the water level in the area is expected to rise further and if the sand bags placed around the graves are washed away it would be difficult to identify the place where the bodies of the two sisters, who were allegedly raped and hung by a tree at Katra village on May 28, had been buried.
He said about 91,895 cusecs of water was released from the Narora barrage yesterday, and 91,830 cusecs today. Besides, 1.3 lakh cusecs and 1.35 lakh cusecs waters were released from Haridwar during this period which would reach Usaihat, where the bodies have been buried, by this evening.
The CBI, which has taken up investigation into the case, had made an attempt to exhume the bodies for a second autopsy last month, but it had to be stopped due to the rise in the water level.
- Congress Bastion Amethi Goes To Polls
- Assault on Kerala Actress Scares Me: Deepika
- Nokia Relaunches Iconic 3310 With Colour Display, Web Features
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- 'You Want To Make Universities Laboratories For Separatist Experiments?' Naidu Asks Congress, Left
- Madras High Court Exempts Class Xth Non-Tamil Students From Writing Examination In Tamil
- Banned SIMI Chief And 10 Others Given Life Imprisonment In Sedition Case
- Airtel Removes Roaming Charges on Calls, Data
- Now, BJP MP Pratap Simha Compares Kargil Martyr's Daughter With Dawood Ibrahim
- Political Speeches, Anti-Trump Jibes Dominate Oscars 2017
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events