Badaun: Victims' Graves Under Seven Feet of Water
With the Ganga flowing in spate and the water level likely to increase further, the CBI's plan to exhume the bodies of two Badaun rape and murder victims for a second autopsy may prove difficult to carry out.
"The graves are under about seven feet of water and the red flag put up to identify the burial place has been washed away," executive engineer of Badaun's Flood Division D K Jain said here today.
Jain said the water level in the area is expected to rise further and if the sand bags placed around the graves are washed away it would be difficult to identify the place where the bodies of the two sisters, who were allegedly raped and hung by a tree at Katra village on May 28, had been buried.
He said about 91,895 cusecs of water was released from the Narora barrage yesterday, and 91,830 cusecs today. Besides, 1.3 lakh cusecs and 1.35 lakh cusecs waters were released from Haridwar during this period which would reach Usaihat, where the bodies have been buried, by this evening.
The CBI, which has taken up investigation into the case, had made an attempt to exhume the bodies for a second autopsy last month, but it had to be stopped due to the rise in the water level.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Sukhoi Fighter Jet Goes Missing Near Tezpur in Assam
- Ex-Congress MP Naveen Jindal Summoned As Accused In Coal-Scam Case
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10