Badaun: SP Seeks Apology From Oppn Leaders
The ruling Samajwadi Party today sought an apology from Opposition leaders for raising fingers on the party in the Badaun killings case, saying the forensic report which ruled out sexual assault on the victims has "exposed" their propaganda against Uttar Pradesh Government.
CBI sources had yesterday said the Hyderabad-based Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD) has ruled out sexual assault on the teenage girls whose bodies were found hanging from a tree in May.
"Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, BSP supremo Mayawati, Union Minister Ramvilas Paswan, former Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar should apologise to the SP government for blaming it and raising fingers on it on the rape issue after the CDFD report," SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury told reporters.
The investigative agency had said it is crucial information from one of the most reputed government labs which has cleared a lot of doubts about the theory of the cousins being sexually assaulted before being killed and the needle of suspicion is now on the family members.
They said with sexual assault being ruled out, the accused clearing the lie-detection test and inconsistencies in the statements of eye-witness, the suspicion is now on the family members.
The sources said they are not ruling out honour killing angle in the matter but have not concluded anything so far.
The two cousin sisters--aged 14 and 15 years--were found hanging from a tree in Badaun district of Uttar Pradesh in the last week of May, an incident which sparked national outrage with the SP-led government in the state coming under fire on the issue of law and order situation.
He said that Opposition was together trying to defame the state government as it has no issues left to discuss.
"Now, their propaganda against the government has been exposed in CBI probe in Badaun incident. In other incidents too, a well planned attack was launched on SP government to malign its image," he added.
Chowdhury also alleged that in Saharanpur, BJP men have been involved in inciting people to break communal harmony.
- Open the Dam Shutters, SC Asks Karnataka to Release 6000 Cusecs of Water to TN
- After Indus Water Treaty, India Will Now Review the Most Favoured Nation Status Given to Pak
- Corruption Accused Ex-Corporate Affairs DG Bansal Commits Suicide Along With Son
- Clinton Puts Trump on Defensive in Fiery First Presidential Debate
- USA: Nine Injured in Shooting at Strip Mall in Houston
- Abandon 'Dream' of Obtaining Kashmir: Swaraj to Pakistan
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Yashvardhan Sinha Appointed India's High Commissioner to UK
- BSF Orders More Non-Lethal Weapons for Use at Bangladesh Border
- Pathankot on High Alert, Search Operation Launched
- Curfew Relaxed for Six Hours in Kishtwar District of J&K
- India Confronts Pak Envoy With Proof of Uri Attack's Cross Border Origins
- Pakistani Actors Should Condemn Uri Attack: Anupam Kher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED