Badaun: SP Seeks Apology From Oppn Leaders
The ruling Samajwadi Party today sought an apology from Opposition leaders for raising fingers on the party in the Badaun killings case, saying the forensic report which ruled out sexual assault on the victims has "exposed" their propaganda against Uttar Pradesh Government.
CBI sources had yesterday said the Hyderabad-based Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD) has ruled out sexual assault on the teenage girls whose bodies were found hanging from a tree in May.
"Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, BSP supremo Mayawati, Union Minister Ramvilas Paswan, former Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar should apologise to the SP government for blaming it and raising fingers on it on the rape issue after the CDFD report," SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury told reporters.
The investigative agency had said it is crucial information from one of the most reputed government labs which has cleared a lot of doubts about the theory of the cousins being sexually assaulted before being killed and the needle of suspicion is now on the family members.
They said with sexual assault being ruled out, the accused clearing the lie-detection test and inconsistencies in the statements of eye-witness, the suspicion is now on the family members.
The sources said they are not ruling out honour killing angle in the matter but have not concluded anything so far.
The two cousin sisters--aged 14 and 15 years--were found hanging from a tree in Badaun district of Uttar Pradesh in the last week of May, an incident which sparked national outrage with the SP-led government in the state coming under fire on the issue of law and order situation.
He said that Opposition was together trying to defame the state government as it has no issues left to discuss.
"Now, their propaganda against the government has been exposed in CBI probe in Badaun incident. In other incidents too, a well planned attack was launched on SP government to malign its image," he added.
Chowdhury also alleged that in Saharanpur, BJP men have been involved in inciting people to break communal harmony.
- Pak Regrets India's Rejection of 'Discuss Kashmir' Proposal
- Will Scorpene Leak Harm Rafale Deal? Parrikar Doesn't Rule It Out
- Can't Order Establishment of 'Ram Rajya' in the Country: SC
- 11 Turkish Police Killed in Bombing, PKK Blamed
- Haji Ali Dargah Should Allow Women, Says Bombay HC
- 7 Killed as Gunmen Storm Beach Restaurant in Somali Capital
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Narsingh Would Have Won the Silver, Claims WFI Official
- Punishment Under Section 304A IPC Absolutely Inadequate: SC
- BJP Alleges Nexus Between SP and BSP
- Centre Cuts State Funds But Spends Money on PM's Suit: Mamata
- Four-Year-Old Girl Raped on School Campus in Bhubaneswar
- Delhi: Deserted by Father, Two Girls Rescued From Locked Room
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED