Badaun: SP Seeks Apology From Oppn Leaders
The ruling Samajwadi Party today sought an apology from Opposition leaders for raising fingers on the party in the Badaun killings case, saying the forensic report which ruled out sexual assault on the victims has "exposed" their propaganda against Uttar Pradesh Government.
CBI sources had yesterday said the Hyderabad-based Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD) has ruled out sexual assault on the teenage girls whose bodies were found hanging from a tree in May.
"Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, BSP supremo Mayawati, Union Minister Ramvilas Paswan, former Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar should apologise to the SP government for blaming it and raising fingers on it on the rape issue after the CDFD report," SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury told reporters.
The investigative agency had said it is crucial information from one of the most reputed government labs which has cleared a lot of doubts about the theory of the cousins being sexually assaulted before being killed and the needle of suspicion is now on the family members.
They said with sexual assault being ruled out, the accused clearing the lie-detection test and inconsistencies in the statements of eye-witness, the suspicion is now on the family members.
The sources said they are not ruling out honour killing angle in the matter but have not concluded anything so far.
The two cousin sisters--aged 14 and 15 years--were found hanging from a tree in Badaun district of Uttar Pradesh in the last week of May, an incident which sparked national outrage with the SP-led government in the state coming under fire on the issue of law and order situation.
He said that Opposition was together trying to defame the state government as it has no issues left to discuss.
"Now, their propaganda against the government has been exposed in CBI probe in Badaun incident. In other incidents too, a well planned attack was launched on SP government to malign its image," he added.
Chowdhury also alleged that in Saharanpur, BJP men have been involved in inciting people to break communal harmony.
- Assam Flood Situation 'Grave And Challenging': Rajnath
- Karnataka CM's Son Dies of Multi-Organ Failure in Belgium
- Curfew Remains in Force in Some Parts of Kashmir Valley
- Kashmir: Army Foils Infiltration Bid, Two Militants, Two Soldiers Killed
- Save the Children-Supported Syria Maternity Hospital Bombed
- USA: 7.7-Magnitude Quake Off Northern Marianas, No Tsunami Alert
- Outlook Cover Story On RSS Trafficking Goes Viral
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED