Badaun: SP Seeks Apology From Oppn Leaders
The ruling Samajwadi Party today sought an apology from Opposition leaders for raising fingers on the party in the Badaun killings case, saying the forensic report which ruled out sexual assault on the victims has "exposed" their propaganda against Uttar Pradesh Government.
CBI sources had yesterday said the Hyderabad-based Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD) has ruled out sexual assault on the teenage girls whose bodies were found hanging from a tree in May.
"Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, BSP supremo Mayawati, Union Minister Ramvilas Paswan, former Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar should apologise to the SP government for blaming it and raising fingers on it on the rape issue after the CDFD report," SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury told reporters.
The investigative agency had said it is crucial information from one of the most reputed government labs which has cleared a lot of doubts about the theory of the cousins being sexually assaulted before being killed and the needle of suspicion is now on the family members.
They said with sexual assault being ruled out, the accused clearing the lie-detection test and inconsistencies in the statements of eye-witness, the suspicion is now on the family members.
The sources said they are not ruling out honour killing angle in the matter but have not concluded anything so far.
The two cousin sisters--aged 14 and 15 years--were found hanging from a tree in Badaun district of Uttar Pradesh in the last week of May, an incident which sparked national outrage with the SP-led government in the state coming under fire on the issue of law and order situation.
He said that Opposition was together trying to defame the state government as it has no issues left to discuss.
"Now, their propaganda against the government has been exposed in CBI probe in Badaun incident. In other incidents too, a well planned attack was launched on SP government to malign its image," he added.
Chowdhury also alleged that in Saharanpur, BJP men have been involved in inciting people to break communal harmony.
- CBI Court Grants Bail to Advani, Joshi And Uma Bharti
- Rai To Meet Kohli, Kumble To Resolve Issues Around Coach's Appointment
- Bilkis Bano Rape Case: SC Refuses to Hear Plea of Convicted IPS Officer Bhagora
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10