Badaun Gangrape Accused Clear Lie-Detection Test: CBI
CBI today said the lie-detection test of the five accused arrested in connection with the Badaun gangrape case did not find "any deviation" from their earlier claim of innocence.
"No deviation has been found in the statement of the five accused who had been arrested by the Uttar Pradesh police," a senior CBI official said here.
The five -- Pappu, Awadhesh and Urvesh Yadav (brothers) and constables Chhatrapal Yadav and Sarvesh Yadav -- whose custody was taken by CBI after registering a case in June this year had been claiming innocence over the charges of rape, murder and destruction of evidence slapped against them.
"The statement of five accused persons claiming innocence was found to be correct in the polygrahic examination," the official said, adding the probe would continue.
Two cousin sisters were found hanging from a tree in Badaun district of Uttar Pradesh in the last week of May this year, an incident which had sparked national outrage with the Samajwadi Party government in the state coming under fire on the issue of law and order situation.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- Yeddyurappa Will Be BJP's CM Face In Karnataka: Shah
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10