Badaun Gang Rape: SIT Pressurising Us, Claim Families
Rejecting the UP police's claim that property could be a motive behind the gang rape and murder of two teenage cousins here, their family members today said they had no faith in the state police and were not safe in the village while accusing the SIT probing the case of pressurising them.
The father of one of the victims asked as to why they would demand a CBI inquiry if they had indeed killed their daughters.
Accusing the police of twisting the case, he said, "we want the matter to be probed by CBI so that reality comes to light."
The family members said that they were not safe in the village and alleged that the police and the SIT team were pressurising them.
"We want only a CBI inquiry. We have no faith in police and will not record any statement before it. We will give statement only before CBI," they said.
The family members said that if the situation remained the same, they would be forced to leave the village.
Asked about the DGP's statement that property may also be a motive behind the gruesome crime, the father said that he and his three brothers live together and they have only a three-and -a-half bigha land.
In a new twist to the above gang rape and murder case, DGP Banerjee yesterday said that the rape of one of the two girls, who were found hanging from a tree, was not confirmed by forensic experts and that property could be a motive for their murder.
"Of the two victims, one was a lone child. Her father has three brothers who have limited resources. In case she is not alive, then it can benefit others. It (property) can be one of the motives. I am not saying that this is the motive," Banerjee told reporters in Lucknow.
- Samsung Heir Indicted For Bribery, Embezzlement
- Uber Asks Top Executive To Go For Hiding Sexual Harassment Charge
- Ringing Bells Manager Arrested For Fraud
- 'Have Killed Iranians': Kansas Shooter Told Bartender
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- OECD Cuts India's Growth to 7%, Says India a Star Performer
- 'It's About The Freedom To Coexist Yet Disagree':Hundreds Participate In DU Protest March Against ABVP
- Shooter Jitu Rai Wins Bronze in ISSF World Cup
- FIR Registered Against Unknown Persons In Connection With The Case Of Kargil Martyr's Daughter
- RBI Sets Up Panel to Review Cyber Threats
- Reliance Jio's Tariff Aggressive, Unsustainable, Says Airtel's Sunil Mittal
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events