Badaun Gang Rape: SIT Pressurising Us, Claim Families
Rejecting the UP police's claim that property could be a motive behind the gang rape and murder of two teenage cousins here, their family members today said they had no faith in the state police and were not safe in the village while accusing the SIT probing the case of pressurising them.
The father of one of the victims asked as to why they would demand a CBI inquiry if they had indeed killed their daughters.
Accusing the police of twisting the case, he said, "we want the matter to be probed by CBI so that reality comes to light."
The family members said that they were not safe in the village and alleged that the police and the SIT team were pressurising them.
"We want only a CBI inquiry. We have no faith in police and will not record any statement before it. We will give statement only before CBI," they said.
The family members said that if the situation remained the same, they would be forced to leave the village.
Asked about the DGP's statement that property may also be a motive behind the gruesome crime, the father said that he and his three brothers live together and they have only a three-and -a-half bigha land.
In a new twist to the above gang rape and murder case, DGP Banerjee yesterday said that the rape of one of the two girls, who were found hanging from a tree, was not confirmed by forensic experts and that property could be a motive for their murder.
"Of the two victims, one was a lone child. Her father has three brothers who have limited resources. In case she is not alive, then it can benefit others. It (property) can be one of the motives. I am not saying that this is the motive," Banerjee told reporters in Lucknow.
FROM OUTLOOKCrimeA series of shocking crimes that began the year seal Delhi's reputation as an anti-woman city...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionExtracted with permission from Rama Lakshmi's persmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESA 24-year-old MBA student was kidnapped and allegmore from WIRES>>>
- Rate Cut Possible Only If Inflation Eases: Rajan
- Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa Conferred Khel Ratna Along With Jitu Rai
- Curfew Lifted in Kashmir After 51 Days of Lockdown
- SC Pulls Up Azam Khan for Calling Bulandshahr Gangrape a 'Political Conspiracy'
- Submarine Data Leak Being Viewed 'Very Seriously': Navy chief
- Usain Bolt Won Nine Olympic Golds Because Of Beef: BJP MP
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Racism Row After South Africa School Asks Girls to Straighten Hair
- Dana Majhi Takes Part in 'Padayatra' Organised by Congress
- NIA Summons Geelani's Elder Son for Questioning
- John Kerry Samples Delhi Traffic, Gets Stuck in Jam Due to Waterlogging
- EC Notice to Maharashtra BJP, 7 Other Parties for Not Filing Tax Returns
- Govt Defers Mega Spectrum Auction by 2 Days to Oct 1
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED