Badaun Gang Rape: SIT Pressurising Us, Claim Families
Rejecting the UP police's claim that property could be a motive behind the gang rape and murder of two teenage cousins here, their family members today said they had no faith in the state police and were not safe in the village while accusing the SIT probing the case of pressurising them.
The father of one of the victims asked as to why they would demand a CBI inquiry if they had indeed killed their daughters.
Accusing the police of twisting the case, he said, "we want the matter to be probed by CBI so that reality comes to light."
The family members said that they were not safe in the village and alleged that the police and the SIT team were pressurising them.
"We want only a CBI inquiry. We have no faith in police and will not record any statement before it. We will give statement only before CBI," they said.
The family members said that if the situation remained the same, they would be forced to leave the village.
Asked about the DGP's statement that property may also be a motive behind the gruesome crime, the father said that he and his three brothers live together and they have only a three-and -a-half bigha land.
In a new twist to the above gang rape and murder case, DGP Banerjee yesterday said that the rape of one of the two girls, who were found hanging from a tree, was not confirmed by forensic experts and that property could be a motive for their murder.
"Of the two victims, one was a lone child. Her father has three brothers who have limited resources. In case she is not alive, then it can benefit others. It (property) can be one of the motives. I am not saying that this is the motive," Banerjee told reporters in Lucknow.
- My Party and My Family Are United: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Tata-Mistry Tussle Heads to the Courts As Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC, NCLT
- Yashwant Sinha Led Delegation Meets Hurriyat Leader Geelani to Break Kashmir Impasse
- Six Members of a Family Injured in Pak Shelling in Jammu
- SC Directs Vijay Mallya to Disclose His Foreign Assets in Four Weeks
- Delhi: One Person Killed In Blast At Naya Bazar, Rajnath Calls Delhi CP
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- E-Ballot Facility for Service Voters Gets Govt Nod: CEC
- Snatch Tribal Rights, Face Action, Warns PM
- 300-Year-Old British Coin, One of Only 20 Ever Minted, Found in 4-Year-Old's Treasure Chest
- Muslim Community Must Seriously Ponder Over Triple Talaq: RSS
- Rename HRD Ministry as Education Ministry: Sisodia to Javadekar
- Saudi Man Dumps Bride for Sharing Pictures on Snapchat Just 2 Hrs After Wedding
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman Of Tata Sons, Ratan Tata To Hold Interim Position
- Ratan Tata: 'I Think Everybody Knows Where The Intolerance Is Coming From...'
- Now, Adult Film Star Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Not Just a Business Partner, But an Ally Who Stood By India in its Darkest Hours: Russia