Badaun Gang Rape: SIT Pressurising Us, Claim Families
Rejecting the UP police's claim that property could be a motive behind the gang rape and murder of two teenage cousins here, their family members today said they had no faith in the state police and were not safe in the village while accusing the SIT probing the case of pressurising them.
The father of one of the victims asked as to why they would demand a CBI inquiry if they had indeed killed their daughters.
Accusing the police of twisting the case, he said, "we want the matter to be probed by CBI so that reality comes to light."
The family members said that they were not safe in the village and alleged that the police and the SIT team were pressurising them.
"We want only a CBI inquiry. We have no faith in police and will not record any statement before it. We will give statement only before CBI," they said.
The family members said that if the situation remained the same, they would be forced to leave the village.
Asked about the DGP's statement that property may also be a motive behind the gruesome crime, the father said that he and his three brothers live together and they have only a three-and -a-half bigha land.
In a new twist to the above gang rape and murder case, DGP Banerjee yesterday said that the rape of one of the two girls, who were found hanging from a tree, was not confirmed by forensic experts and that property could be a motive for their murder.
"Of the two victims, one was a lone child. Her father has three brothers who have limited resources. In case she is not alive, then it can benefit others. It (property) can be one of the motives. I am not saying that this is the motive," Banerjee told reporters in Lucknow.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Sukhoi Fighter Jet Goes Missing Near Tezpur in Assam
- Ex-Congress MP Naveen Jindal Summoned As Accused In Coal-Scam Case
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10