Badaun Gang Rape: SIT Constituted to Probe Case
A four-member Special Investigating Team (SIT) has been constituted to probe the shocking gang rape and murder of two teenage cousins in Katra Sadatganj village here, officials said.
"The SIT headed by circle officer of Ujhani, Mukesh Saxena has been set up for investigating the case", SSP Atul Kumar Saxena said.
The SSP said that the SIT visited the village today and talked to the complainants and witnesses.
The team searched the houses of the accused, Saxena said, adding that the help of witnesses was being taken for preparing sketches of the two unidentified accused and the entire process was being videographed.
The case is being monitored at the government level and taking the seriousness of the matter for solving it promptly, the investigations have been taken from Sadar Kotwali inspector Veerpal Sirohi, the SSP said.
Sirohi, SSI of Usait police state B S Punia and inspector Bharat Kumar posted in Bareilly will assist Mukesh Saxena in the SIT, the SSP said.
The two teenage girls, aged 14 and 15, were allegedly gang raped and murdered with their bodies found hanging from a mango tree in a village in Ushait area in Badaun, sparking nationwide outrage.
The girls went missing on May 27 and their bodies were found the next day.
Badaun is 300 kms from Uttar Pradesh capital Lucknow.
Five accused--three brothers Pappu Yadav, Awadhesh Yadav and Urvesh Yadav and constables Chhatrapal Yadav and Sarvesh Yadav--have been arrested in the case.
The two accused policemen have been terminated from the force.
FROM OUTLOOKCrimeA series of shocking crimes that began the year seal Delhi's reputation as an anti-woman city...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionExtracted with permission from Rama Lakshmi's persmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESA 24-year-old MBA student was kidnapped and allegmore from WIRES>>>
- Pak Balochistan Province Assembly Resolution Condemns Modi
- Unity, Love Basic Mantras to Address Kashmir Problem: PM
- JNU Rape Case: Varsity Suspends Accused Scholar
- Curfew in Some Parts of Srinagar, Two Towns in South Kashmir
- Trump Vows to Begin Deportations Immediately If Sworn In
- Pak: LeJ Terrorists Involved in Lanka Cricket Team Attack Killed
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Discussed Kashmir Situation With Sri Sri: Burhan Wani's Father
- Study Constitution Well, President Urges Law Students
- Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa, Gopichand Get BMWs, Sachin Lauds Them
- India Test Fires Scramjet Engine, Joins Elite Club of Nations
- Indonesian Priest Injured in Church Attack
- Turkish Bombardment Kills 20 Civilians in Syria: Monitor
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED