Azam Khan Attacks Shia Cleric Over 'Sale' of Waqf Properties
Firing yet another salvo at Shia cleric Maulana Kalbe Jawwad, Uttar Pradesh Waqf Minister Azam Khan today questioned alleged sale of Waqf properties during the chairmanship of his brother-in-law.
In a statement issued here, Azam alleged the religious leader raised slogans in favour of Narendra Modi and added, "There was no surprise that a person who has traded the entire community was selling properties of Shia Waqf."
The minister had been attacking Jawwad after the Shia Waqf board elections were postponed following the cleric's meeting with Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on August 3.
Khan said the cleric should not oppose the election, instead he should win one.
"The reality of this so called leader is that he knocked on each and every door to get the election postponed. If he would have said this even in my ears, then he would have been saved from this trouble," he said.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- K.P.S. Gill: The Man Who Won The Terror Battle In Punjab
- K.P.S. Gill Ruled Indian Hockey With An Iron Fist
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10