Azam Khan Attacks Shia Cleric Over 'Sale' of Waqf Properties
Firing yet another salvo at Shia cleric Maulana Kalbe Jawwad, Uttar Pradesh Waqf Minister Azam Khan today questioned alleged sale of Waqf properties during the chairmanship of his brother-in-law.
In a statement issued here, Azam alleged the religious leader raised slogans in favour of Narendra Modi and added, "There was no surprise that a person who has traded the entire community was selling properties of Shia Waqf."
The minister had been attacking Jawwad after the Shia Waqf board elections were postponed following the cleric's meeting with Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on August 3.
Khan said the cleric should not oppose the election, instead he should win one.
"The reality of this so called leader is that he knocked on each and every door to get the election postponed. If he would have said this even in my ears, then he would have been saved from this trouble," he said.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Hafiz Saeed A Serious Threat To Nation: Pak's Defence Minister
- CBI Searches Former Chief A.P. Singh's Residence
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- CBI Arrests IRS Officer For Bribery In IPL-Betting Scam
- Cong Promises to Strive for Removal of AFSPA If Voted Back to Power
- Indefinite Bandh Called Off In Nagaland
- At Least 6 Killed, 14 Injured In Suicide Blast Outside Pakistan Court
- Trump Picks Lt Gen McMaster As New National Security Advisor
- BSF Foils Infiltration Bid Along LoC, Militant Killed
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Wary Of Indian Space-Tech, China Plans On Fast-Tracking Its Rocket Launches
- 'He Would Put His Fingers Inside Me, Move My Leg Around': US Gymnasts Accuse Former Team Doctor
- Stockholm-Based Think-Tank Says India Was The World's Largest Arms Importer In The Past Five Years
- Woman Allegedly Raped Near South Delhi's Hauz Khas Village