Authorities Invoke NSA Against Muzaffarnagar Gangrape Accused
Authorities have slapped the stringent National Security Act against three accused arrested in Dulhera gang rape case in June that had sparked communal tension here.
District Magistrate Koshal Raj Sharma told reporters here today that NSA has been invoked against the three accused-- Ahsan (32), Arif (22)and Shezad (23).
According to police, the victim was gang raped by the accused when she was returning to her village in Shapur area here on June 3.
The incident had sparked protests in the area. Following a direction from the state government, circle officer Sherlender Lal, SHO, Shahpur, Hinvir Singh and four other police personnel were later suspended for negligence.
FROM OUTLOOKCrimeA series of shocking crimes that began the year seal Delhi's reputation as an anti-woman city...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionWhen I first came to Goa 25-plus years ago, one ofmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESA 24-year-old MBA student was kidnapped and allegmore from WIRES>>>
- Patient Shoots Doctor at Berlin Hospital, Kills Self: Police
- Irom Sharmila to Call Off Hunger Strike After 16 Years
- Devas-Antrix Deal: India Loses Arbitration Case at the Hague
- Four Militants Killed, Another Apprehended in Kupwara
- Flipkart Acquires Jabong From Global Fashion Group
- Mass Attack Bid Foiled in Bangladesh, Nine Militants Killed
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- India Seeks Greater Security Cooperation With Bangladesh
- Unidentified Gunmen Kill Two Soldiers in Pak
- South Sudan President Replaces Rival as Vice President
- Govt Must Protect Central Bank's Independence: Rajan
- Cong Creates Ruckus in RS Over Andhra Special Package Issue
- Expert Team Formed to Explore Alternatives to Pellet Guns
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED