Authorities Invoke NSA Against Muzaffarnagar Gangrape Accused
Authorities have slapped the stringent National Security Act against three accused arrested in Dulhera gang rape case in June that had sparked communal tension here.
District Magistrate Koshal Raj Sharma told reporters here today that NSA has been invoked against the three accused-- Ahsan (32), Arif (22)and Shezad (23).
According to police, the victim was gang raped by the accused when she was returning to her village in Shapur area here on June 3.
The incident had sparked protests in the area. Following a direction from the state government, circle officer Sherlender Lal, SHO, Shahpur, Hinvir Singh and four other police personnel were later suspended for negligence.
- Samsung Heir Indicted For Bribery, Embezzlement
- Uber Asks Top Executive To Go For Hiding Sexual Harassment Charge
- Ringing Bells Manager Arrested For Fraud
- 'Have Killed Iranians': Kansas Shooter Told Bartender
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- OECD Cuts India's Growth to 7%, Says India a Star Performer
- 'It's About The Freedom To Coexist Yet Disagree':Hundreds Participate In DU Protest March Against ABVP
- Shooter Jitu Rai Wins Bronze in ISSF World Cup
- FIR Registered Against Unknown Persons In Connection With The Case Of Kargil Martyr's Daughter
- RBI Sets Up Panel to Review Cyber Threats
- Reliance Jio's Tariff Aggressive, Unsustainable, Says Airtel's Sunil Mittal
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events