At Least 120 School Kids Taken Ill After Eating Sweets at I-Day Functions
At least 120 schoolchildren today fell sick after eating sweets at Independence Day functions at four primary schools in Chaubepur village of the district, police said.
According Kanpur District Magistrate Roshan Jacob, the schoolchildren, along with at least 12 other persons, have been admitted in a primary health centre in the village and a local hospital, where doctors said that the condition of some of them was critical.
The chief medical officer, with a team of 12 doctors, is attending to them.
Jacob said, "At least 120 children, all aged less than 12 years, started vomiting after consuming laddus distributed at the I-Day functions at four primary schools in Chaubepur."
He said the village head had bought the sweets from a shop in Ashok Nagar area. Police have arrested the owner and sealed the shop.
"Some children took the laddus home and gave them to their family members and siblings, who also complained of food poisoning," Jacob said.
The DM said that he along with the CMO and 12 other doctors rushed to the spot and admitted the sick children to a primary health centre in the village.
Some of them were critical and were taken to Rama Hospital in Kalyanpur, he said.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman