Assembly Elections: Congress, YSRCP MLAs Join TRS
After suffering a setback in the Legislative Assembly elections in May, the woes of Congress are continuing in Telangana with some of its legislators joining the ruling TRS today.
While Congress MLA G Vithal Reddy reportedly joined TRS last month, another legislator K Kanakaiah and two MLCs Rajeswara Rao and Yadava Reddy switched over to the ruling party at an event here.
Congress Legislature Party leader K Jana Reddy had said the party would seek a clarification from Vithal Reddy, MLA from Mudhole in Adilabad district, about his joining TRS.
AICC General Secretary Digvijay Singh, in-charge of party affairs in Telangana, had said here recently that the party could not win over public support in the elections though it was Congress which delivered on the decades-old demand for statehood.
The party is now trying to salvage some pride by hoping to win the September 13 bypoll to Medak Lok Sabha seat, necessitated by the resignation of TRS President K Chandrasekhar Rao after he became the Chief Minister.
However, Congress is not alone in facing desertions from its ranks. YSR Congress MLA from Khammam district Madanlal also joined the TRS today.
Speculation is rife that senior TDP leader and former Minister Tummala Nageswara Rao, who quit the party last week, would join the Chandrasekhar Rao-led outfit soon.
TDP MLA from Sanat Nagar in Hyderabad T Srinivas Yadav met the Chief Minister today, triggering speculation about his politcal moves.
TRS also got a boost today with CPI, which had an alliance with Congress in the May Assembly poll, declaring support to the ruling party candidate for Medak bypoll.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Police Confirm Probe Still On Against Major Who Used Civilian As Human-Shield
- Manchester Attack: 'Broken.. I'm Sorry', Says Pop Singer Ariana Whose Concert Was Hit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10