Assembly Elections: Congress, YSRCP MLAs Join TRS
After suffering a setback in the Legislative Assembly elections in May, the woes of Congress are continuing in Telangana with some of its legislators joining the ruling TRS today.
While Congress MLA G Vithal Reddy reportedly joined TRS last month, another legislator K Kanakaiah and two MLCs Rajeswara Rao and Yadava Reddy switched over to the ruling party at an event here.
Congress Legislature Party leader K Jana Reddy had said the party would seek a clarification from Vithal Reddy, MLA from Mudhole in Adilabad district, about his joining TRS.
AICC General Secretary Digvijay Singh, in-charge of party affairs in Telangana, had said here recently that the party could not win over public support in the elections though it was Congress which delivered on the decades-old demand for statehood.
The party is now trying to salvage some pride by hoping to win the September 13 bypoll to Medak Lok Sabha seat, necessitated by the resignation of TRS President K Chandrasekhar Rao after he became the Chief Minister.
However, Congress is not alone in facing desertions from its ranks. YSR Congress MLA from Khammam district Madanlal also joined the TRS today.
Speculation is rife that senior TDP leader and former Minister Tummala Nageswara Rao, who quit the party last week, would join the Chandrasekhar Rao-led outfit soon.
TDP MLA from Sanat Nagar in Hyderabad T Srinivas Yadav met the Chief Minister today, triggering speculation about his politcal moves.
TRS also got a boost today with CPI, which had an alliance with Congress in the May Assembly poll, declaring support to the ruling party candidate for Medak bypoll.
FROM OUTLOOKCongressAs the elections approach, expectations are high in the Congress that the Gandhi bahu will give a call...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBInterviewMargaret Alva is a former parliamentarian who hasmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, July 23 (pti) Mohan Prakash, former genmore from WIRES>>>
- Sidhu Likely to Join AAP in August
- NADA Concludes Hearing, Decision on Narsingh's Fate Deferred
- FM Hits Back at Rahul, Says NDA Has Brought Down Inflation
- Eminent Writer Mahasweta Devi Dies at 90
- Rajnath to Raise Pak-Sponsored Terror, No Bilateral With Pak Counterpart
- Obama Passes Baton to Clinton, Says No One More Qualified
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Modi Follows Person Who Hurled Abuses at Delhi CM, Claims AAP
- Bus Rams Into Tree in Solapur District, Four Dead
- Fed Up With Harassment, College Girl Ends Life in Malegaon
- Indian-American Girl Becomes Youngest Delegate at DNC
- 14-Year-Old Boy Wins International Maths Competition
- Autorickshaw, Taxi Unions Call Off Strike in Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED