Assam: LPG Pipeline Explodes, Three Dead
Three persons, including two women, were killed and seven others injured, when a high pressure LPG pipeline exploded in upper Assam's Sibsagar district today, a senior police officer said.
Six houses and several livestock were also burnt in the explosion that occurred in the underground pipeline of the public sector Assam Gas Company Limited near Singlijan Tea Estate under Moranhat police station, Sibsagar Superintendent of Police Debajit Sarma told PTI.
The high density LPG pipeline exploded, killing the three persons and caused severe burn injuries to seven. All the injured were admitted at the Assam Medical College Hospital in neighbouring Dibrugarh district, he added.
Basanta Sarma (35) and his wife Paras Sarma (26) succumbed to their injuries in hospital while their two children Akash (7) and Hemanta (9) received 99 per cent burn injuries when their house was burnt to cinders, Sarma said.
Another person identified as Michael Sabar (30) received 98 per cent burn injuries and his wife Jyoti (23) died in hospital.
The house of one Durga Baraik (42) caught fire and he along with his daughter Menoka (18) sustained burn injuries, while his wife Marina (35) received 95 per cent burns, Sarma said.
Fifty five-year-old Surya Sahu was also injured when his house was caught fire. The blaze spread to the house of his neighbour Ramesh Sahu burning it down along with his livestock and bamboo grove in his compound, he said.
- Agli Baar, Medal Beshumaar: PM Announces Task Force to Prepare India for Olympics
- France Top Court Suspends Burkini Ban
- Pak Regrets India's Rejection of 'Discuss Kashmir' Proposal
- Scorpene Data Leak Not a Big Worry: Parrikar
- Can't Order Establishment of 'Ram Rajya' in the Country: SC
- Haji Ali Dargah Should Allow Women, Says Bombay HC
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Whistleblower to Handover Scorpene Data Disk to Aus Govt: Newspaper
- Kanhaiya, Two Others Granted Regular Bail in Sedition Case
- Odisha Govt Admits Lapses, Man Says No Heed Paid by Hospital
- Are Decisions Taken by Cabinet Being Implemented, PM Seeks to Know
- AAP Removes Chhotepur as Punjab Convenor
- Cong Raking Up Needless Controversies for Political Gains: Naidu
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED