Assam: LPG Pipeline Explodes, Three Dead
Three persons, including two women, were killed and seven others injured, when a high pressure LPG pipeline exploded in upper Assam's Sibsagar district today, a senior police officer said.
Six houses and several livestock were also burnt in the explosion that occurred in the underground pipeline of the public sector Assam Gas Company Limited near Singlijan Tea Estate under Moranhat police station, Sibsagar Superintendent of Police Debajit Sarma told PTI.
The high density LPG pipeline exploded, killing the three persons and caused severe burn injuries to seven. All the injured were admitted at the Assam Medical College Hospital in neighbouring Dibrugarh district, he added.
Basanta Sarma (35) and his wife Paras Sarma (26) succumbed to their injuries in hospital while their two children Akash (7) and Hemanta (9) received 99 per cent burn injuries when their house was burnt to cinders, Sarma said.
Another person identified as Michael Sabar (30) received 98 per cent burn injuries and his wife Jyoti (23) died in hospital.
The house of one Durga Baraik (42) caught fire and he along with his daughter Menoka (18) sustained burn injuries, while his wife Marina (35) received 95 per cent burns, Sarma said.
Fifty five-year-old Surya Sahu was also injured when his house was caught fire. The blaze spread to the house of his neighbour Ramesh Sahu burning it down along with his livestock and bamboo grove in his compound, he said.
- Pak Will Give Befitting Response to Any Misadventure: Raheel
- Shahabuddin Surrenders, Says CM Will be 'Taught a Lesson'
- Sri Lanka Becomes Fifth Nation to Pull Out of SAARC
- SC Cancels RJD Leader Shahabuddin's Bail, Sends Him Back to Jail
- Surgical Strikes by India in PoK an Act of Self Defence: Afghanistan
- Bihar Liquor Prohibition Law Illegal, Rules Patna High Court
- Denzel Washington's 'FENCES' Trailer Promises Oscar Contenders
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Will Tell India What Is Real Surgical Strike: Saeed
- Telcos Meet TRAI, Allege Tariff Order Violation by RJio
- Surgical Strike: South Korea Supports India's Stance
- Court Issues NBW Against Dawood Ibrahim, Chhota Shakeel
- 10 Killed, 29 Missing in Typhoon Megi in China
- Philippine Prez Duterte 'Happy to Slaughter' Drug Suspects, Mentions Hitler
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED